ONYIYE THAT GIRL

ONYIYE THAT GIRL
CHAPTER 41

SISIPHO MAZIBUKO

She turns to look at herself in the mirror one last time and smiles feeling satisfied. A jumpsuit, off shoulder bodycon maroon in colour. Her white Nike sneakers along with her black purse. Her and a curly weave, she never imagined herself with such on her head. All thanks to Onyiye. She practically gave her a weave that was brand new – without even having doubts. She takes a few pictures and sends them to her.
“I look so sexy because of you.” she clicks send. One tick. It's so unlike her to switch her data off. She sadly sighs logging off. She puts her maroon lips and smiles emotionally. She takes a deep breath and waits for his phone call. Her phone rings and it is an unknown number. She frowns looking at the screen debating whether to answer or not.
“Halo,”
“It’s Onyinye. How is your ankle?” She wants to scream for the whole neighbourhood to hear that her sister just called asking her about her ankle!
“I'm still limping but it is better than yesterday. Buti Tazz bought me some ointment.” That smile…
“Buti Tazz,” she laughs a bit. She hasn’t noticed, she really has that cute tiny laugh.
“Yes,”
“The same Buti that is taking you out on a date?”
“Do not make my mind dirty please.”
They both laugh.
“Thank you for everything. I did think about what you told me yesterday and I think it is about time that I moved on.”
“Yes, that is the spirit girly. I have to go before the kids wake up and harass me. Enjoy your date with Buti Tazz.”
“Babe, I need a dick massage!” A man shouts in the background. The line goes dead before she can even respond. This man has no filter and that she has noticed. He made her a laughing stock when she was still a cashier at the Cambridge store. She chucks thinking of how much of a total disaster that man was. Again, he humiliated her in church!
She posts a few pictures with no caption. She clicks on exist as usual. She is not a fan of logging out, she never has been.
She sinks down on her bed and waits for the call but nothing comes through. She is checking her phone constantly every minute. And when every minute passes, it feels like an hour. She sighs in discouragement. She lies on the bed on her side with tears threatening to come out. What the hell was she thinking? A man like Tazz falling for a girl like her. Her heart is heavy and she has no words at the moment. Her eyes immediately become heavy and she agrees to sleepiness taking over.
Her phone wakes her up from her heart heavy slumber. She squints her eyes and rubs them gently. She yawns – takes her time to pick but eventually does.
“Halo,”
“I am so sorry to keep you waiting. I am outside.”
She jumps off the bed and looks at herself in the mirror. The make-up is all over the face, she slept crying, her eyes are swollen. She limps to the bathroom to washer her face and apply ponds. No make-up now, sighs!
She grabs her purse from the bed and limps towards the door. Her mother is still asleep. Medication. She kisses her cheek and walks out.
Tazz steps out of his BMW and smiles approaching her. He opens his arms – he welcomes her with a very warm hug.
“Sorry I'm late. I promise to make it up to you.” He says stepping back. “Shall we?”
She nods her head and looks down.
“Where you crying?” He asks scanning her face.
“No,”
He looks at her for a second. “Let's go.” He holds her back and leads her to the car, making her comfortable.
“You look beautiful by the way.” He starts the car and drives off. She knows this route because Lungisani always fetched her whenever he was around just to spend time with her. And indeed, they are in the neighbourhood.
“And we are here,” he parks his car on a big house. She always wondered who lived here and today she will ask.
“Who lives here?” she asks looking all amazed.
“I do. Come let's go in before the food gets cold.”
He steps out of the car and opens the door for her. She steps out with her mouth half open.
“Wow,” he pulls her by hand and then walks inside the house.
They are in the backyard sharing what they have been through and what she has done – which she is surely not proud of.  There was a point in life when assured herself that Onyiye will always be that good for nothing in the future. Little did she know that God has other plans for her.
“I already know.”: He says and sips on his beer.
“How?”  Her heart beats rapidly. Imagine being asked out on a date - and your date finds out how evil you are. Shameful!
“I think it will be better if we drop this. I don’t want you being all emotional on me now.” He flashes a big smile.
“I understand.” She sniffs bloody tears! He looks at her with a frown on her face.
“Who is the father of the baby you are carrying?”
“Another bimbo called Lungisani.”
“Which Lungisani” He asks.
“He lives down the street.” She sighs sadly.
“And he denied the pregnancy? Just like that?"
“Yes, I think he judged me based on the past life I used to live. The life of hate that was in me, that made him take advantage of me. He gave me money to abort.”
“And you didn’t?”
“No. I may have a dark past but killing was never one of my dark sides.”
He nods his head and smiles. “I am so proud of you.”
“It's going to be hard though. I will have to look for a job so that my baby can have a normal life like other kids.”
“He will have a normal life. Is he a boy or a girl” He asks out of curiosity.
“What! I'm not even two months yet!” She laughs loudly and he just looks at her with those eyes that makes her -…
“Do you have any kids of your own?” She asks.
“I can't have kids. I have very low sperm, so me having kids on my own is…”
“I’m so sorry.” She keeps quite a bit. “So, what will happen when you get married?”
“I have one that is on the way.”
“But you said you can't have kids.” She is defiantly confused.
“He is in your tummy.”
She opens her mouth partially to say something but no words come out. Her voice is blocked. She looks at him as he smiles.
“Miss, I am not going to bit around the bush. I will not lie and say I don’t like you. I liked you the first day you were standing at the rank looking at me like I'm some kind of meat. I walked right past you on purpose and your eyes were boring my back. You were literally undressing me infront of people! Such a disgrace."
She gasps holding her chest.
“It was not that bad! I didn’t even think you'd notice because you didn’t even look my direction.”
“With all the commotion that were happening in your face – trust me I noticed you.” She is embarrassed.
“Is my make up that bad?” He is not the first male to say something cruel about her make up. First it was that red man now him!
“Wrong turn.”
She takes a packet of chips and throws it his direction. He ducks laughing.
“Trust me – you looked like you have woken up from the dead.” He continues to laugh hard.
She looks at him embarrassed. Now that she thinks of her eyebrows…she shakes her head not believing herself. Laughter mixed with crying. Eventually she cries out loud. He stops laughing and looks at her.
“I'm sorry I will never laugh at your eyebrows again. But nawe babe, don’t ever do that to your face. You are too cute to destroy yourself like that…” He stands up and goes to sit next to her. The picnic set up is so beautiful and refreshing. First time being treated like this, a whole Queen. The language she knows is sex, sex, sex and more sex.
“Let's make a deal.”
“If it involves money than yes.”
“Oho, okay. Try not to do that make-up shit and leave it for the pros. If you can go a month without doing that then I will applaud you and reward you with a huge sum of money.” He says caressing on her wet cheeks.
“I accept the challenge.” Her day, spent in a splendid moment way. She never knew there are men out there who don't lure you to their bed. 
"Yes mam…" He laughs and pinches her cheek.
"You are here. I have been knocking but no one was opening. I saw your car parked outside and assumed that you are home."
A girl says. Tazz looks at her without a response. Sisipho clears her throat disappointedly.
"I think I should get going." She says already standing up.
"Thandeka. What are you doing here?" He asks calmly.
"I saw you car parked outside and I thought I should come and say hei."
Her eyelashes flap back and forth.
"Thanks. Next time try not to invite yourself in people's houses. As you can see I have a guest. So, if you don't mind…"
Sisipho grabs her flip flops .
"I will take a taxi home."
"No child of mine will ride taxis. Sit your ass down woman."
"But…"
"Sisipho!" That's more like commanding. She sighs sitting back down with Lungisani's sister looking at her.
"Awu Sisipho. So, you really did kill my brother's child or you have just picked up the child is not his?"
Sisipho just looks at her blankly without saying a word.
"I will not let you harass my guest in her house. Thandeka, you can now leave." He stands up and walks her to the door. She walks out and closes the door behind her.
"I think my mother needs me now. I've been here for far too long."
"You are not going because of Thandeka?" He asks.
She smiles. "No, trust me. I wish I can stay a little longer but I'm sure mother needs me for her personal needs."
She responds.
"Fair enough, I will let you go this time around."
She's back at home all smiles humming. All the positive energy is on her…
"I wish to see the man that is making you happy."
"Mah! Can't I be happy without you mentioning any man?" She smiles rearranging the couches.
"This man must be special. A man that makes you do spring cleaning." She tries laughing but coughs.
"I'm just happy."
They fall into awkward silence.
"When is Onyiye coming to see me?"
"I don't know. I will ask her. I'm trying to find a way to ask her not seeming like I'm being pushy or something."
"I see." She continues to clean with her face all smiles.