ONYIYE THAT GIRL

ONYIYE THAT GIRL 
CHAPTER 38 

ONYIYE MAZIBUKO

The door slowly opens and she walks out with puffy eyes. She turns to face the other way fastening her gown. Sbahle swallows hard and slowly shakes her head no, but she is too slow to notice. She frowns looking at Sbahle who was looking at with her eyes wide open. The cop moved from Sbahle to her. She stands still frozen with her mouth partially open. She has her phone in her hand… 
“Halo, halo…" the person on the other line shouts.
Onyiye comes back to her senses – she places the phone back on her ear. 
“Mah, I will see her today.”  
Her lips quiver and burst into tears sitting down. Sbahle rushes towards her and sits next to her. 
“Hei, what is it?” She’s worried. The phone call she got put her back to square one. 
“Lindiwe - she has been admitted to the mental institution.” She talks in-between the sobs. Sbahle holds her tightly. The cop looks at her and notices her puffy eyes. Surely this person was crying all night.  
“Have you been crying all night miss?” He finds himself asking. Onyiye tilts her head and looks at him. She snorts her mucus and takes a deep breath. She can literally feel Sbahles’s heart beating abnormally and this time around she put two together.  
“No, I just have a terrible headache. Where are the kids?” 
“Ow shit!” They both run to the house. They find Ndimu sitting on top of Ngimu’s face. He laughs out loud clapping his hands.  
“Ndimu!” he gets startled and moves off the crying Ngimu. “I will hit you!” She pushes him roughly on the ground. 
“Gift no, take time off the kids and go have some sleep.” Sbahle takes the kids to the kitchen to make them breakfast.  

She is looking at her bloody hands shaking. She cannot believe she did what she did. Did she kill a human being? A man who is a brother to her baby daddy. Speaking of him he hasn’t called her today. He doesn’t want her to see him in that state. She closes her eyes feeling the pain that maybe he now knows and he doesn’t want to do anything with and about her. On the other hand, her best friend has been admitted to a mental what, what. Maybe seeing her friend will do and make her mind blow off this.  
She decides to take a bath and go out for fresh air. Everything for her is just too much for one day. 

Looking at her friend talking to herself did not make any sense. Her eyes are filled with sudden pain and hurt. She has lost a massive weight. Those dark patches beneath her eyes.  
“Sthuphethu sami.” Lindiwe smiles looking up to her.  
“Where is Sizwe. He told me he is coming back.” She tries getting off the bed.  
“Uyaphi manje?” 
“Where is Mpilo? I have a message for him.” 
“Huh?”
“Call him, Sizwe wants to talk to him.”  She looks at her friend lost. Has she been a bad fried that her own friend has turned into something she doesn’t recognize? She takes her phone out and dials Psycho. And for her to still have his contact…

AT THE HOSPITAL

Sthembiso lazily opens his eyes hoping to find Onyiye looking at him but finds Khoza and Tazz staring at him.  
“When did you get here?” He asks trying to sit straight. 
“Long enough to hear you moaning your woman's name.” Tazz.  
Sthembiso smiles in embarrassment and looks down. He admits – he was having a wet dream. That pussy is way too sweet for him and he misses it so badly.  “How is my family?”  
Tazz and Khoza look at each other briefly. Tazz scratches the back of his head and sides smile not too sure how to respond. Khoza on other hand – he looks around trying to spot if anyone is looking at them but none.  
“Eish, I have no better way to say this.”  
“Are my kids and woman, okay?”  
“The kids are fine but Onyinye…” 
“Can you get to the point!” He half shouts with his throbbing stitched throat.  
“She killed Dumisani and the police are invading the place.” 
He closes his eyes trying imagine how she did it and what was the cause of her killing his brother.  
“What happened?” he asks through his aching throat. 
“Apparently, he sneaked into her room when she was asleep and tried to have his way with her. In the dark she woke up and grabbed your sjambok gave him one hell of a hiding and smashed his head breaking his skull.” 
This cannot be his Ndoni, not that sweet little innocent jet neg. A smile creeps on his face – he fails to contain his laughter. Through those pains he pushes his hyena laugh. He felt one of the stitches crack pains – it's painful but the laugh was truly worth it.  
“This is not laughing matter because she a mess at home.”  
He clears his throat and sighs - “how bad is it?”  
For someone who lost his brother he is very much unbothered about his spirit at the moment.  
“For her, I tried hiding all the evidence. The sjambok was burnt and buried.” He nods his head listening to Khoza explain.  “One dog on the way – one more to go.” If only he could get Zulu off their backs, it would be the best craziest move since he is the one who has been tailing them nonstop.  
“I think I am liking the new Sthembiso – not the sissy one that used to cry for everything. ” Tazz teases.  
“Life changes you to do the worst trust me. Dumisani has always been a thorn in my life ever since I can remember. That snay wanted to eat where I dip and lick? Shame he messed up with a wrong woman. Awusukanini madoda, I have been lenient with this champ for far too long not once has he ever decided to take a step back. So, what he got is smaller than what he is still to get, in hell.” 
Spending time with his close friends made him have trust in them – even though they did not tell him what the plan was, but he knew they were working on it.