ONYIYE THAT GIRL

ONYIYE THAT GIRL
CHAPTER 15

ONYIYE MAZIBUKO

She's been Facebook active lately. She doesn't post but read more of the news feeds. Celebrity lives….
Her phone has been pinging non stop to her much annoyance. She groans finally waking up. She unlocks her phone and gets the shock of her life. She tries calling her phone and it’s taking her straight to voicemail. She has that boys number - Lindiwe once sent it to her when was claimed by Mpilo. That day she wrote a long arse paragraph telling her how scared she is of this man.
She scrolls through her contact list looking for psychopath.
It rings non stop till it reaches voicemail. She clicks her tongue and tries again same story.
Maybe he is asleep and besides it still early in the morning. It's almost 6:00 am. She tries again and still no luck. How will she even begin looking for her?  She wakes up from the sponge and runs to the bathroom to brush her teeth but forgets something. The kids are not here! Her heart panics in fear but quickly remembers. She dozed off when she tried taking a nap. She must have been really tired, she didn't even wake up at night.

She's looking for Sbahle, maybe she might help.
"Yini kwenzenjabi." Onyiye is a crying mess. She can feel it that her friend is not okay where ever she is. Last time she tried committing suicide.
Onyiye hands Mam Philisiwe the phone and her facial expressions - she's shocked.
"Who is she to you?" She asks handing her back the phone.
"My best friend. Mah I believe wherever she is she is hurt. Last time when she was humiliated she tried committing suicide.”
"Kodwa Jehova, you kids are going to bury us young." She's panicking. Onyiye's phone chimes without waste she retrieves to answer.
"Psycho, where is my friend? Is she okay? I will be ready." She drops the call and looks at Mam Philisiwe.
"Go and check up on her. Be safe and call me if you need anything."
"Ngyabonga mah," she throws herself in her arms feeling the motherly love. She steps back and runs back to her backroom to go bath.

Seeing her friend tore her heart into pieces.
"Where is she?" Onyiye ask he friend who was livid.
"Leave her alone Sthu, she is not worth it." Lindiwe responds. She has been discharged from the hospital and she is back in Mpilo's flat.
"Are you sure?" She asks. No one can hurt her friend like that and gets away with it like nothing happened. She will find a way.
"Yes," she's tired.
"I will see you tomorrow. I'm sure Ndimu has been giving mam Philisiwe a hard time. That boy is becoming a troublesome."
Spending her time with her friend….knowing that she is fine. She is injured yes but she will heal. She is a strong girl.
Spending time with her reminded her of her home. Maybe she should go and check up on her mother. Maybe she is missing her or something - maybe she still hates her for no apparent reason. But she doesn't want to dwell on it.

"Take me to that girl." Onyiye instructs Mpilo who was taking her back home.
"But Lindiwe said…."
"Lindiwe is not here, right. She will not know unless if you tell her." She's looking at him sharply. He makes a U-TURN and drives to res. They both step out of the car and all eyes are on them. They both walk to where Lindiwe shared a room with. She let's herself in and finds the two girls sitting on chairs drinking wine. Mpilo's stands by the door leaning against it with his hands and legs folded.
"Babe," that's Thabi standing up making her way to him. Onyiye looks at her carefully and sighs in anger.
She roughly pushes her aside and pulls her by hair. The two girls stand up trying to intervene but Onyiye went all crazy throwing every object towards them. They both ran out of the door for their lives….

"I want you to do exactly what you did to my sister!" She's mad, angry. Maybe taking all the anger that she is bottling up will make her heal.
She bites her cheek bone sinking her teeth deep leaving a forever mark. Thabi screams in agony kicking.
"Help me!" She looks at Mpilo's for rescue but he is just standing there looking without care.
Punch after punch - Onyiye is sitting on her stomach.
"That's enough," Mpilo's pulls her off Thabi who was rolling herself on the floor. Onyiye spits the blood that was in her mouth breathing heavily.
"Try that stunt again and believe me when I say I will kill you and make up your family watch you while I bury you." She clicks her tongue and walks out.