ONYIYE THAT GIRL

ONYIYE THAT GIRL
CHAPTER 22

ONYIYE MAZIBUKO

It's Monday and she’s back to reality. Holidays were spent extremely well with people who value and appreciate her. 
She's smiling looking at the pictures of her son's. It's so quite and it's scary. The house is huge for her to be alone. She doesn't live with Sthembiso but he does come from to time to check up on her and the kids. He rents a one room house close by and for that she appreciates it that he respects her wishes. 
Imagine if she had to squat in with a man? That wouldn't look good at all on her considering how Ndimu was conceived. What example will she be setting at this young age. 
Her phone chimes and Sthembiso's name pops up. "Mlungwana," that's how she has had his name stored. She retrieves to answer. 
"Where are you?" No hello babe…
"At the house obviously, why are you asking?" She decreases the volume on TV.
"Get out." He drops the line and she frowns looking at the screen. She wears her sleepers - steps out of the house and the sun shines brightly on her skin. She protects her face by covering it with her hand. 
There he is wearing a black and white suite. She lowers her hand and place them on her waist. 
"Are you going for an interview?" She asks. Come to think of it. She doesn't know where he works. How stupid of her!
"Hello babe." Now he decides to greet after dropping the phone on her, mxm!
"Uyaphi?"
"I have a huge deal - business proposal to push. I just came here for you to pray for me." He is leaning against the car with his legs crossed. 
"Huh?" 
Confused Onyiye!
“I said I came here so you can pray for me." He walks towards her. 
"Ermmm, okay. Do you want me to pray for you outside?" 
"Yes, I want the whole world to see that my baby mama is a praying warrior." He attempts to kneel down but Onyiye stops him before he could even kneel. 
"Are you mad?" Maybe there's a loose screw inside this man's head.
"Okay lets go inside the house then." He walks past her whistling. She shakes her head and follows him shortly.
"Come to think of it, you've never told what you do for a living. You have all the money and I don't know where you got it from." She says sitting on the couch. 
"If I tell you, you will leave me." 
He is embarrassed.
"I won't," 
"Even if I was a ritualist?" He looks at her searching for answers. 
"Yes," she answers without reluctantly. "If you were into that, I will advise you to cut out before they ask you for my children's blood or your mother's." He cringes to the sound of that. 
"Ow hell no! I'm not a ritualist." He says making her sigh in relief from the inside.
"Then what do you do?" She's adamant, she wants to know. 
"Okay, me, Tazz and Khoza stole money from the government people. Not just any people. We aimed for the high profile ones. Like presidents and ministers. I'm not proud of what I did. But I had to do it because I knew I had a family to take care of. I wanted my kids to have a better future and life. I wanted my family to have a home." He looks down in shame. 
"I'm not going to judge you but I'm happy that you stopped whatever illegal shit you did. Thank you for being honest with me and I pray that no one knows about it." 
"It's oy me, Tazz and Khoza." 
Silence! 
"So what's the deal for today?" She wants to know. 
"Well my security company has been registered, just need partners and funders to fund my company so that it will be not suspicious in regards of the money I have." 
"I second you." She stands up and go sits next to him. "I'm proud of you. You go out there and make us proud." She smiles. 
"If you pray for me them yeah I will." 
"Okay, close your eyes." They hold hands and Onyiye begins to pray…. "We kneel infront of you dear Lord…."
"Amen." Sthembiso says flipping his eyes open. Onyiye looks at him running out of words. "I needed that thank you." He kisses her on the cheek and dashes out leaving her in total shock!
"Wow," that's all she managed to say.

___________

Instead of cooping herself in the house she decided to pay Mam Philisiwe a visit. The place is crowed and now he regrets being here. 
"Nana," that's Mam Philisiwe beaming in excitement. She stands up and hurries towards her. The room becomes silent. Her palms sweat in fear as all these three women and two men looking at her without saying a word. Imagine the pain of walking in the house while everyone is having a conversation then the room decides to be silently quite when one enters.
"I will be back some other time." She whispers.
"No, no, nonsense. This is also your home remember. Where are the kids?" She looks behind her.
"They are with Sthembiso's mother." 
"Ow how I miss them. The house is so quite without them. Sbahle doesn't want to give me grandchildren." She sulks looking at Sbahle who has her eyes fixed on the meat.
"Yoh mama," Onyiye giggles.
"My wife, who is herooo?" One of the woman who is wearing a traditional attire ask. Sbahle's mother smiles looking at Onyiye eating meat with Sbahle. "Onyiye, come here Sisi," she calls out for her. "This is Onyiye Mazibuko. She's from Eshowe." She warmly rubs her back. 
The aunties talk amongst each other leaving Onyiye and Mam Philisiwe in an awkward position. 
"Who is your fada?" One ask. 
"I don't know him, I've never met him before. Why are you asking?" She's confused.
"It's okay babe, you can go back to Sbahle. Sbahle can you go by more spices."
"Hau mah, there are alot of spices nje." 
"Sbahle!" 
Sbahle stands up and sighs grabbing her car keys. "Let's go Onyiye." They walk out.