ONYIYE THAT GIRL

ONYIYE THAT GIRL
CHAPTER 23

STHEMBISO JIYANE

Proposal...he is looking at all these men not too sure what to expect. His palms are sweating in fear. His face has turned red in outmost fear. He is guaranteed that he did his outmost.
The are all reading through the files not saying any words - which is very much annoying. Time waits for no man!
"Why security out of all the business you can start up? You do know that we have alot of security services in this country and you decided to add another to the population. Are you up for competition? Which is very much ridiculous."
He chucks not understanding the statement. "You know what?" He stands up annoyed. Straightens his pants pulling them down…. "I will pitch my proposal elsewhere. Your question is very much sarcastic. If you think I'm going to sit here and answers nonsense then thanks but no thanks." He closes his file and attempts to leave.
"I'm board - I like him. His attitude – keep that attitude and it will take you far. Don’t beg my boy." One of the investors say smiling.
"Count me out, I'm not up for this nonsense." He pulls out of the meeting and steps out of the board meeting.
"Don't mind him. He has it bad these days, salt is killing him." The two other investors laugh. “You know how grow men are.”
"I'm giving you chance since you security offers all sort of service."
Sthembiso sits down with his eyebrows furrowed.
"Welcome to the game. I'm counting on you and your services. Don't let us down." These two grandpa's just made his day.

There's nothing more than he wants just to be home with his woman and tell her the good news. He passed by the flower shops and picked the most beautiful flowers of them kind.
He knows that she love sweet things but woman always cries toothache at night and he has to stay up all night shushing her .
A call comes through his phone….
"Talk to me."
"The site is ready just waiting for your signature. Your woman will love this."
Khoza is happy that they finally found each other. Afraid as he was he thought that maybe he will misuse the money but boy has it all good. Thinking of the future of his kids.
"Thank you mfana kithi. You have no idea how much this means to me." He is all miless. He is standing by the till waiting for the woman to shout "next" as they usually do.
"Buti if you lost can you let people pass." The till girl…. Sthembiso removes his phone from his ear,
"Are you talking to me like that? I'm still busy on the phone you will wait for me, stupid girl." He clicks his tounge and continues to stand in the queue talking to the phone.
A man pushes him aside harshly making him hit the trolley on the side of his shoulder. The flowers on his hands scatter on the ground - the goodies in the basket are rolling all over the store. He shoves his phone in the packet…
"Dog!" Sthembiso shouts attracting eyes.
The man stops and turns to face him.
"What did you say?" His tall self is standing right infront of him. Sthembiso swallows in fear and faces him like a man.
"I said dog," he pokes him on his chest multiple times.
Commotion!
The man pushes him again making him to stumble backwards - Sthembiso is beyond angry. He marches his skinny legs through those black pants.
He attempts to punch but his punch was blocked. Unexpectedly the man punches him on the stomach, he groans painfully with saliva dripping out of his mouth. He kneels down trying to catch his breath….
He is breathing fire, the man is walking towards the exit. Sthembiso finally finds the courage to stand up - he will not be shamed by another man!
He follows the man and pushes him forcefully. He grabs the basket and smashes it on his head….
"I'm Sthembiso kayi One. I'm not weed - never will!" He kicks the man that has fallen on the ground. He clicks his tounge and goes back to the store.
One will ruin his moment of celebrating his success with his baby mama!

"I know that I'm lookable bit please don't look at me." He tells the till girl.
She scans the things he bought without saying a word.

Driving back home with an aching stomach. That asshole really knows how to throw a mean punch. He is still parked outside listening to the pains. He cannot even celebrate his victory!
"Maybe you should go lay down a bit." Onyiye suggests. She wants to laugh so bad.
"Maybe,"
"Come," she helps him step out of the car still holding her laugh. "Couch or bedroom?" She asks looking up at him.
"Bedroom will do."
She nods her head and helps him to their bedroom. He carefully sits down and sighs….
"I will bring you painkillers and fix you something to eat." She walks out leaving him groaning in pain.