ONYIYE THAT GIRL

ONYIYE THAT GIRL
CHAPTER 10

STHEMBISO JIYANE

"How long does the hangover last?" Sthembisi asks groaning holding his pounding head. He feels sluggishness, tired an drained.
"Here, drink this you will be fine." 
Khoza give him two packed of grandpa. "Drink those, I'll make you food so long."
Sthembiso gulps down the grandpa guggling it in his throat and swallows. 
"I'll go take a cold bath." He gets off the kitchen stool stumbling, almost falling. "Shit!" He balances against the wall and continues with his journey. He passes by Dumisani's room finding him fast asleep. The picture of Onyiye gets his attention. What could he be doing with Onyiye's picture? He shakes his head not believing. He walks out of the room feeling NOT better again!

Standing in the cold shower thinking of the possibilities of his brother wanting to go after Onyiye makes his blood boil. He remembers all the events, the heartaches he went through because of his brother.
When he learnt that him and Lerato- his ex girlfriend once kissed, with his elder brother. He was furious but forgave her and they moved forward. The ended up breaking up back in April of last year, unrelated to this, because they just weren’t in love with each other anymore. He had been struggling with the idea of seeing his brother (who didn’t know he knew) for a while, but he decided that he needed to let him know why he has suddenly gone quiet on him. He asked his ex for details on what happened because he knew he’d try and deny it, but as it turns out, she admitted they slept together and it wasn’t just a kiss, just a one off thing. He confronted his brother about it and told him  he “knew what happened” so he couldn’t try and worm his way out of it. Their relationship with Lerato didn't even last  two months and by that time he has already moved on with MaZet.
With MaZet they were on it for a couple of months and same story happened. But they did not sleep together that he knows and sure of. 
He takes a deep breath thinking of the baby Onyiye has. 
If Tazz describes that unknown woman in that manner, he is definitely sure that it is MaZet. 

The knock on the door makes him close the tap, wrapping himself with a towel and sighs tiredly stepping out of the cold shower. He opens the door finding the house help with a tray. He steps aside letting her in and mistakenly the towel drops. The help girl turns around and finds him standing there unbotheredly.
"Tell me when you done looking." He folds his arms with water dripping down his body. 
His white skin, red hair, orange lips. You can tell he is not an albino but close. Even if he was still he would have looked so damn good! Maybe he is – albinos are cute.
She clears her throat after drooling. "Can I touch it." She takes further steps. It looks so soft, sensitive very clean.
"No, this belongs to my baby mama. Get out." 
She hurries out shamefully. How will she face this man after trying to do what she just did?
He sits on the bed but naked. He just feels like lazing around and hatt is why he prefers his own personal space. He has locked the door….

"MaZet, I'm going to ask you his one question. And think twice before answering me. Where is my baby?"
"I had a miscarriage." 
"Think twice of your response. Where is my baby?"
"Sthembiso are you dumb or something? Didn't you just hear me what I just said? Sthembiso I'm busy with my life."
"Okay I understand that you are busy with your life. But who was that woman you gave my child to in town?"
"What! How did you know?"
He can feel her heart beating abnormally. He briefly smiles. "You have just confirmed. Bye MaZet."
"Sthembiso wait! I…."
He drops the call and lays on his back placing his phone on his chest.
He tries eating and surprisingly food is eatable. Only boiled healthy food not fried breakfast.

He wares his clothes and steps out of the room bumping to the house girl. 
"Where are the gents?"
He asks looking at her. 
"Outside," 
He walks past her going outside. He finds everyone here. 
"Your awake?" Dumisani.
"Cha, I'm died." He sits down under the shade preventing his skin to be burnt by the sun.
Khoza chucks shaking his head. "I see the hangover has you bad." 
"Ay lutho mfana kaKhoza. I just…. just woke up feeling funny." 
"How so?" Khoza asks puffing his cigarette.
"You know betrayal is among the most devastating losses a person can experience. We live in a culture that is blind to betrayal and intolerant of emotional pain. Loss happens in many experiences and circumstances, and it can affect us deeply. The one who has been betrayed is grieving."
"What are you talking about." Khoza wants to hear and know more.
"It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend. When you care about someone, you can't turn that off because you learn they have betrayed you. It makes for a difficult internal conflict. Whether the aftermath is expressed through apologies or being ignored, betrayal hurts like hell. We can heal, but it will have to be in our own time and on our own terms."
They all fall into an awkward silence.
"I'm going out for a walk. Ow and Tazz don't go for that girl. Leave her we will find another way of doing this."  He stands up leaving them astonished.
It's towards month end. Maybe he will find something that will link him to Onyiye. He never knew that this girl has such hold over him. He smiles kicking the stones imaging that night. What will he do when he sees her? Fuck her? Embrace her? Talk? Apologize?
It's always enjoyable seening someone after a lone time. 
Sure when he meets her - he will realise how stressful it was not seeing her. 
"Buti, can you walk fast some of us are in a hurry." The woman pushes him aside.
"Your not even cute." She walks past him in a hurry.
"Zombies eat brains so you safe."
"Nerd!" She pulls out for a middle finger.
"Hey, there's worse. I could be you. Change of mind within policy munu two wrong don't make a right. Take your parents for example." He shouts. He whistles walking like he didn't say anything. He left the girl standing there with her eyes and mouth wide open.
He passes by there eatery and buys himself meat.