ONYIYE THAT GIRL

ONYIYE THAT GIRL
CHAPTER 47

STHEMBISO JIYANE

Five am on the dot he was already on the road. He made it at home around six thirty am.
Looking at his brother's new born baby had him have all sorts of emotions. He looks so tiny and fragile. Tears fill his eyes.
Yes he put him through hell growing up. He admits that Dumisani was a selfish, self centred basted who only thought about himself. He was too selfish to even see the wrongs he prolonged in his life. He sighs picking the innocent baby up. He looks so much like his own especially the little one. Or is it because they share the same mother. Sighs!
"I think that babe has some sort of demonic. I didn't sleep all night!" His mother hisses with her eyes half closed.
"We will take him. I don't know how we will cope with all the troublesome we have in that house."
"Ukupitile Sthembiso Jiyane?"
"I spend most of the one with them to help. More like I'm with them during the day and leave at night when the kids are asleep." Half truth, his heart screams.
"Do not do something I did not teach you. If you want to leave in the same house as her do right by the family."
"I know mah. We will be traveling to Nigeria month end for Ndoni and the kids introduction."
"When?"
"This month end."
"I need to buy new clothes. I can't go looking like a Granby that I'm being subjected to." She says. Sthembiso looks at his mother. He didn't mention that she will be not going. Does this woman even how how expensive a flight is? He I looking at her going on and on and on, on how she has to present herself to her in-laws.
Onyiye's call comes through, it's saves the day and listening to his mother's endless list. She's very anxious - he thought…
"Ndoni."
"Is he okay?" He shuts his eyes closed and let the tears fall. After everything she has been through - through Dumisani. She still has the heart to ask of his babies well-being.
"He is so tiny." He responds.
"Take a picture. I want to show you crazy son."
"Hai babe, I will be coming with the baby nje."
"I know. But I'm just excited. Send the pictures."
Indeed he did send her the pictures. So this woman did not sleep at all after he left. She stayed awake, waiting for pictures. Women! Weird creatures.
The baby has nothing much but just clothing from the hospital. Two rompers baby blanket and a formula. How will he drive with a new born baby? He also does not know.
"You should ask Gezephi to help you with the kids."
"Who? Hell no! Her mother is definitely a witch. That woman forced Zanele down my throat." He still hates her and he doesn't see himself forgiving her.
His mother clears her throat.
"Did she notice the young one?" She asks. He knows exactly what his mother means.
"No, I don't think she even recognised him."
His mother nods her head. She's looking at him more like she wants to cough something out of her chest.
"What?"
"I know what happened that night."
Sthembiso coughs uncontrollably. He puts the baby back on the couch and runs to the kitchen to drink water. Almost peeing on himself, he doesn't know how to face his mother. Maybe, just maybe he is jumping into conclusions. He puts on a straight face. He will deny at its strongest peak.
He finds her still seated in the same position.
"I won't talk about it but I just wanted to let you know that I know son. And trust me, I hold no grudge against that young girl. She did a pretty good job. Dumisani has put me through hell and…"
"Can we not talk about him. Clearly there is nothing to talk about. Does he have a birth certificate?"
"Nothing. Not even a name."
"Ndoni will do the naming. We will see what we can about the birth certificate."

Driving back home with a sleeping child in the front seat. He had to cover the window with his blanket preventing the sun from burning his skin. He looks super weird. Why did he have to look like his seed! MaZet is definitely working over time in hell. She will always be a thorn in his life.
"Bloody stupid dead meat!" He clicks his tounge.
Arriving home his find Sbahle's Avanza parked in the driveway.
"Khoza is stingy man." He clicks his tounge again and steps out of the car. He walks around it to take baby out. He gently carries him towards the door. Sbahle opens the door for him and helps in.
Onyiye smiles widely.
"What's his name?" That's all this woman cares about?
"He doesn't have one."
"Ow." She spreads her hands and accept the baby. She looks at his face and frowns.
"Why does he looks like Ngimu so much?"
"That was my first reaction also." He sits next to her.
She continues scanning the baby…
"Sibaphiwe."
"What the hell is the meaning for it?" Surely this woman has the meanest names.
"God gave me Ndimuphiwe. I was all alone with him. Then I was gifted with Ngimuphiwe and again, I was all alone until I met you. Now that we are together, Sibaphiwe. Sibaphiwe uJehova."
"Ow, wow." He is speechless.
"I love it."