ONYIYE THAT GIRL

ONYIYE THAT GIRL
CHAPTER 19

LINDIWE NGOBESE

"Thanks for the lift. You always know how to make my day yazi. Dispite the fact that you are a thief."
She's going home to see her parents. With the help of Sizwe he offered to take her home. It's June holidays and she is here to spend time with her mother.
"I would steal for you anytime." He smiles licking his lips.
"Ncrrrr, boyfriend." She cups his cheeks kissing his lips. He laughs slightly hitting her hands off him. "I'm no Ndimu."
He got to meet the other family that keeps her going and sane.
He has never seen friends this close.
"You are not my girlfriend." He jokingly says sticking his tounge out.
"Ouch."
"I'll miss you," he brushes her neatly combed weave.
"I'll miss you too." She wants to cry. No man has ever showed her this much affection in public like this man right here. It's funny how their relationship started but damn she's so God damn happy with him!
"Don't tell me you want to cry."
He looks at her as she wiped her tears.
"Ukuthi you have no idea how much you make me happy."
It's an honest truth.
"And you make me happy too. Tell you what - I will book in a nearby BnB for two days. Ngizogcwala ngeghost."
"What! Your mother will kill you." She's laughing hard.
"I will tell her I'm with you. You know how much she loves you." He adds making her to blush.
"Are you sure?"
"If you are talking about booking then I'm definitely sure my love." They briefly kiss and she steps out of the car. He has parked houses away - respect.
She opens the boot and takes off her bags. She waves goodbye smiling like a looney.
"Are you sure you don't want me to drop you near by?"
Ain't he the sweetest boyfriend ever?
"I will be fine my love." She assures him but dude is sceptical as much.
"I'll follow you from a distance then. Walk." He is so caring.
She does as instructed….

She's by the gate - she turns to look at him and there he is parked from a distance. She smiles shaking her head, she waves her hand, he flashes on the hazards and drives off.

"Sanibona," she's standing by the door looking all scared. He mother stands up from the couch giving her a warm hug filled with love.
"Mntanami, you didn't tells us you were coming." She's very much surprised. "You even have Indian hair."
She smiles nervously looking at her father.
"Baba,"
He just nods his head acknowledging her presence. He stands and walks out of the door leaving them standing.
"He hates me mah." She's very much sadden that her father loathes her. Yes she made a mistake like every other child there ever is. The only thing that she can be able to do is to learn from those mistakes.
"It's okay babe, your father will come around. Don't beat yourself into it. Go put these in your room and come tell me how school is."

"You are trying to tell me that you and Gift go to the same school?" She's shocked. Here she was thinking that she is a good for nothing young naïve girl.
"Yes, bit she doesn't attend classes. She's studying online since she has kids."
"Wow," Shocking!
"Look at her," she shows her recent pictures of Onyiye. She looks carefree, happy and less troubled.
"She looks different. She looks like she baths now. No offence - she was very much darker living under that roof but now her skin is glowing and alive. She is still very dark yes but her blood is healthy."
"She even found her baby daddy."
Her mother is looking at her pictures not believing her eyes. "And he even bought her a very beautiful house."
"What!"
"I'm so happy for her that finally her life sees light after everything she's been through." Lindiwe.
"You like her don't you?" Her mother looks at her eyes shinning.
"I love her."
"Now you are getting me all worried. Are you sure that she is safe to have a friend that loves her this much?"
"I've been asked that too many times. You know the girl that sent those girls to beat me up?"
"Yes, what about them?"
"Onyiye did a number one on them. They don't even look at my direction. Yey I heard that she gave them whoopings for their lives."
Her mother laughs out loud and ends up choking. "You want me to kill me with these stories of yours."
"I'm serious ma, she was all Jackie Chan on them."
"Onyiye is so tiny nje." She's wondering.
"But she gave them beatings of their lives."
"I love the friendship you have with that girl. She made a mistake yes, but I love it that she is looking forward in life."
"Yeap, I'm happy to have her as a friend."