ONYIYE THAT GIRL

ONYIYE THAT GIRL
CHAPTER 36

ONYIYE MAZIBUKO

She slides down on the floor. She pulls her t-shirt failing to breath. If she didn't go to that woman's place her man wouldn't be stabbed. Seems like that woman only contains bad luck.
"Breath Sisi," that's Sbahle hugging her tightly. 
"What happened?" She pulls out from the embrace and turns her head to look at Khoza who was looking down at her. 
"I don't know. All of this looks like a setup and I believe Zulu and Dumisani are behind it." 
"Why would Dumisani want his brother dead?" She ask. 
"Because he wants you." Khoza. 
She keeps quite for a while and remembers how Sthembiso pulled her by the ear.
"What's next?" She asks standing up. Khoza and Sbahle arrived late in the evening. 
The parents booked themselves into a hotel with the kids crowding them. Mam Philisiwe couldn't take another day without seeing her grandkids. She got way too emotional over them - one would swear that, that they were gone for too long. 
"Will pay someone from the inside to steal the docket and case closed." 
"Tazz, that will make it obvious - don't you think?" 
"Then fake his death, simple." Tazz adds making Khoza to chuck. 
"Relax, I know just the right plan. Sthembiso, will have to forgive me for this." They all look at each other and wonder what Khoza is up to. No one is dare to asks - isn't that answer obvious.
"I want to go see him." She say wearing her flips flops. 
Sthembiso's two bedroom house is crowded by the guys and she doesn't mind it at all. They are the only family she knows. Atleast, Sbahle will be left behind, things won't be that awkward now that she thinks that Dumisani is behind the stabbing of her love.
______________
She's looking at him sleeping peacefully under those beeping machines. 
She caresses on his face and smiles emotionally.
"Get better soon. I'm lonely without you." Her soft voice - he blinks multiple times before fully opening his eyes. He looks at her and a small painful smile creeps on his face.
"Ndoni," he tries sitting up but the pain pulls him back down. He groans trying to hold his neck but his hand is being tied to the bed with cuffs. He sighs in disappointment.
"How are you." She holds his hand through those cuffs and smiles. 
"Now that I've seen your face, I'm good." He wants to kiss her so bad.
"No touching," one of the officers say looking after him instruct. 
Onyiye slowly let go of his hand and steps back. She looks at him with so much admiration.
He smiles blushing. "I miss you." 
"We miss you too. Khoza said he will fix it." She says assuring him. 
"I know babe." They both smile.
_______
She's passes by the chemist for skin care products for the kids. It's that time of the month, she can feel her girly girl wet and right she knows her periods have started. Girl has upgraded - no more pads for her. Tampons are the best.
She walks out of the chemist and gets in the car with Tazz being her Chauffeur. "You should learn how to drive. I'm tired being your driver." He chucks.
"You are tired being uMalume? You will take the kids to school once they start schooling."
"Wee, khohlwa! And let that killer in my car? Is it true that Ndimu killed all MaJiyane's chickens?"
Onyiye burst in laughter. "Ndimu is exactly like his father. He is indeed his father's son, son's father. Aysuka, Kona lokho!" They laugh.
She arrives home and takes a quick shower. She feels fresh and now she has to go cook for the family. Atleast Sbahle is around.

Lazing around the kitchen with Sthembiso's mother watching them cook.
"It's nice to have people in your kitchen and cook for you."
"Sthembiso should hire a helper for you."
Sbahle suggests.
"I don't want any tikiline near my husband." They laugh.
"How is Sthembiso doing." Onyiye clears her throat. The fact that she doesn't know that he was stabbed makes her stomach knots.
"He is fine mah. That woman was drunk crossing the road. Atleast she is not dead. Right Gift." Sbahle smiles and poke her.
"Erm, yes."
"They should release my son." They both keep quite and they continued to cook..
Later that evening they were both sleeping in Sthembiso's room. The door makes a squeaky sound - Sbahle flung her eyes open and lifts her head under the dark. She sees a shadow across the room.
"Gift," she whispers shaking her.
"Mhmm," she turns to face her.
"Someone is in here." She whispers making Onyiye to sit up straight.
They both hold each other not knowing what to do next. The bed dips, a hand trails on Onyiye's legs making her to scream. A huge body jumps on her tiny body closing her mouth spreading her legs apart. She bites his hand and the man groans letting go of her face. He tries taking the pyjama pants off but she manages to knock his balls making him to roll over. Sbahle jumps off the bed and pulls Onyiye off the bed.
Onyiye grabs an object she doesn't even know what it is. She begins hitting the man in the dark wherever she can multiple time. Sbahle fiddles with the light until she manages to find the switch. She turns it on and Onyiye freezes looking at the figger on the bed.
"No, no, no." She drops the sjambok on the floor and kneels down looking at a bloody man on the bed.
Sbahle searches for his pulse, "he is dead." They look at each other shocked!