ONYIYE THAT GIRL

ONYIYE THAT GIRL
CHAPTER 45

SISIPHO MAZIBUKO

Yesturday she didn't get time to go to the doctors for her appointment. Busy day. Today she decided to pass by, with the forcement from Gerald. Looking at the ultrasound and hearing that tiny heart beat. 
"Your child is good as a horse." The doctor says wiping the gel off her stomach. She pulls her t-shirt down and smiles. She didn’t understand what she saw on that screen – but s knew that her baby is growing.
"What's the gender?" Gerald asks. One would swear he is the father. The doctor smiles…
"We cannot tell at the moment. Let's wait for her to be five or six months." The doctor replies. Gerald groans…
"Was hoping you could tell. Isn't there another machine, maybe? An X-RAY perhaps? I know it reveals every inch of the inside." Sisipho looks at him. He can't be serious!
"Are you that keen to know the gender of your baby? X-RAY is too dangerous. She might even loose the baby." 
"Ahh man!" He whines.
"Your child is growing pretty well. I will prescribe some vitamins for you. " He writes on a piece of paper then hands the paper to Gerald. He grabs the file and walks.
"I want to know the gender."  He is still at it. Sisipho laughs folding her arms looking at him.
"Why are you so keen in knowing the gender?" She, also will like to know. 
"I don't know. Guess I love babies." 
"You love babies?" She is surprised. He doesn't look like a guy who loves babies. He is all about work and money. 
"Yes I do. You know when growing up I told myself that I want to have a big family. At the back of my head I even prolonged myself in polygamy."
"Are you still thinking of one?" 
"What! Hell no. Let's go." He helps her off the bed. 
He holds her hand as they walk out. They pass by the hospital pharmacy for meds…
Still in the hospital she decided to check up on her mother. Still as she was yesterday. No change. Just her laying there helplessly. 
"Please get well soon. I still need you. Your grandchildren need you." She kisses her mother's forehead with a heavy heart. She takes a deep breath with tears threatening to come out. If she tells her that she is pregnant maybe it will set back her healing. As misleading as she was to her, at the end of the day she is still her mother.
She walks out… trying so hard to hold it in. She is pained. She sobs with her hands on her face. Gerald spots her from a distance. He rushes towards her…
"Hai, what's wrong?" 
"She's not getting any better." 
He pulls her to his chest giving her a tight hug. She lets him sob on his chest.
"It's okay. She's going to be fine. Do you want to go home?" He asks. 
"We have to go to work. You lied and said we are going to a meeting remember." She sniffs calming down.
"Ow that, yes. Eish. If you good than we can go to work." He wraps his arm around her neck and the walked out of the hospital.
Meanwhile outside the parking lot. A man runs in carrying a girl in his arms. Blood all over them. Sisipho lifts her head looking the direction where the commotion is. She knows the man, Tazz carrying Thandeka! 
She pauses looking at them. He rushes pass by without even noticing them.
"Wonder what happened?" Her inner self asks. Gerald kisses the top of her head and smiles looking down at her. She smiles back…
"Maybe knowing the gender of the baby will make you smile a bit more." He says making her to laugh out loud. 
"What the hell is wrong with you and genders?" She shakes her head. He opens the door for her and helps her sit.
Arriving at work - everyone is busy running around so no one paid mind to them being out of the office. Being a PA is quite fun for her. Working with her new crush. Yes, the crush she had for Tazz vanished within a blink of an eye. She tasted a new dick and damn this nigger knows his game. She clicks her tongue thinking of Lungisani. How he didn't give her organisms. Wow! What a waste of sperm? She rolls her eyes not believing. How did she even get pregnant for such a loser? Now she is stuck with the reminder that she will love with her all.
She continues to read through the emails. Nothing much and nothing important. Maybe going to lunch will do. She stands up and grabs her lunch bag. She's sitting alone in the cafeteria minding her business…
"A lovely woman having lunch alone." A man sits down across her. 
"Erm…"
"I'm Sbusiso but you can call me Sbuda." He smirks looking at her. She nervously smiles. 
"Hai." 
"Can I take you out on lunch?" He has this scary aura around him. Something she cannot pin point on. 
"My boyfriend will kill me." She chucks nervously. Which boyfriend cause she doesn’t have one!
"He wouldn't know now, would he?"  He wiggles his eyebrows.
"I think I should get going." She stands and hurries to her space. She pants sitting down with her head on the table. Her heart is beating abnormally in fear. 
"Are you okay? I saw you running across."  She gets startled ready to run. She’s a jumpy person by nature and sometimes it annoys her. She holds her chest talking a deep breath realising it’s Gerald.
“Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you.” He smiles.
"Some dude just scared me." 
"Let me guess. Sbusiso?" 
She nods her head making him to laugh. 
"Don't laugh. I almost peed on myself!" 
"That's who he is. Never let him get under your skin. So, you have a boyfriend – huh?" He asks rubbing her back.
“I wanted to get him off my back.” She says. He looks at her briefly…
"We are done for the day. We can go home." 
Without asking any questions. She packs her belongings and follows him to his office. It's like she enjoys being the bosses PA instead of a cleaner. And indeed she enjoys it. She believes they are friends with benefits.
Before going him he dropped her off at her home. Her house really needed some cleaning. The new window was installed, all thanks to handyman Gerald. The house is in good shape clean and the managed to change the lockers as well. 
"I think they will not come back." She says turning to face him. 
"I don't trust anything. Take whatever you need and let's go." 
She sighs taking her set of new panties and bras. She locks the house and give it one last double check going around it. All is good. Hope those thugs won't come back. She gets in the car…
"I need ice-cream." 
"The doctor said you shouldn't eat alot of cold stuff." 
"But…"
"No buts woman." He drives a long the road. Off ramps taking the road to his house. She sniffs looking outside the window. 
"Babe," he tries getting hold of her thigh but she harshly pushes his hand off.
"Mxm" she turns her whole body looking outside the window counting the trees.