ONYIYE THAT GIRL

ONYIYE THAT GIRL
CHAPTER 32

LINDIWE NGOBESE

She is at a phase in her life right now where she's struggling with loneliness. Those hours of her not seeing him is putting a huge toll on her.
Most of the time, she would feel a deep sense of disconnection from the world around her and the people she shares it with.
The mere fact that she is thinking this in the small hours of the morning, deafened by the ear-splitting silence of an empty room, unable to sleep, simply emphasizes this point to her even harder.
Everything that was once familiar has now changed.
No more waking up with her head on his chest, being squashed by his big strong arms. Him talking in his sleep and grinding his teeth.
She sighs getting off the bed with a lot of emotions taking place. She slept but yet on an empty bed. Sleep came hard after a struggle and woke up way too early.
She must have passed out after drinking those painkillers.
This is not her one bedroom house where she wakes up in whatever time she wanted. 
She takes off her night gown and put on her long dress with a doek on her head. 
She will brushes her teeth first then cleans around the house and make breakfast.
Her plans for the day? She will definitely like to spend it with him if possible and doable. She will take a bath later one once everyone has gone to work. In that way she will be more comfortable moving around.
Melusi comes down the stairs wearing a suit. His baby mama is following him behind. When did she get here?  Not that she has a problem but this girl has a problem with her and she doesn’t know what she ever did to offend her. Whenever she is around she makes sure not to step on her toes. She makes sure that she ignores whatever comments passes by. 
"Sisi," that's Melusi. He is older than her but prefers calling her Sisi - avoiding the awkwardness.
"Buti," she sighs. “I’m done making breakfast." She doesn't acknowledge the baby mama. Last time she was here she accused her of sleeping with her baby daddy. She turns to her pots. Busi clears her throat, Melusi notices the awkwardness…
"Lindiwe," 
"Busi," she still has her back facing them. 
She loves gravy and eggs in the morning. An unpleasant breakfast.
"Am I missing something?" He asks looking at his baba mama Busi.
"Cha babe," 
That cha babe was too fast on her lips. Melusi turns to face Lindiwe – “will you be find by yourself?”
"I will be fine Buti. I'm going to check on my man, maybe he has woken up."
Busi looks at her with her eyebrows ached. She chucks…
"Busi, if you have something to say please say it to my face. I'm tired of you accusing me of sleep with Buti Melusi who happens to be my brother in-law. I don't understand why you have such a sick idea in your head." 
"What!" The shock expression on Melusi's face. He looks at Busi with disappointed eyes. 
"Is that what you think of me? Is this how low you label me? I'm so disappointed in you." 
Lindiwe now notices the damage she has caused. 
"It's not like that." Busi with crocodile tears. 
"I'm off to work," he grabs his lunchbox that was made by Lindiwe. Busi turns to face her and the anger is visible on her face.
"Do you see what you have done!" She hisses.
"I didn't do anything. You are the one who keeps on rubbing it in my face that I'm sleeping with Buti Melusi. I don't know whether you enjoy your man being under another woman's skirt or what." She shrug her shoulders and cover the plates with a net. 
"It's not like that." 
"It's like what then? I don't even see Melusi as a man I can cheat with. He is not my type, sorry if I come out as rude, but yeah. He is someone I look at as a big brother. You planting ideas in a man's head of cheating - you are basically giving them an altitude to cheat. I'm need to clean. The day he decides to cheat - you should learn a thing or two from him.” She walks past her. 
"Melusi once cheated one me with Sizwe's ex." Her eyes drop to the ground. Lindiwe stops and turns to face her. Sizwe never told her about this. 
"Excuse me?" She's lost. 
"Anita was Sizwe's girlfriend. I don't know what happened but I found them both in bed an they admitted on hitting it for a while." She sniffs. 
"I don't know what to say," she's dumbfounded, maybe Sizwe had a reason for not sharing such news with her. 
"I'm sorry," Busi sighs looking down in shame. 
"No need to apologize, but know that all woman will sleep with your man. I'm happy where I am. That man gives me real good and I don't see myself cheating on that soul." Lindiwe blushes looking down. She forgets that she was mad earlier on. 
Busi laughs a bit, "I'm sorry for begin a pain." Her apology is sincere. 
"It's okay, please help me around." Lindiwe.