𝗖𝗟𝗔𝗡 𝗜𝗡𝗙𝗢

Clan History:

The Tokito clan is one of the strongest clans with the Uchiha and Senju clans thanks to their kekki Genkai. Being the descendants of the Otsutsuki Clan they have a huge chakra reserve.

They were the main enemies of the Uchihas.

But before the Tokito there were the Tsugikuni. The Tsugikuni was here before the Uchiha, Senju, and Hyuga. Although they were a relatively small clan they were the first descendants of the Otsutsuki clan granting them a large amount of strength, power, and Chakra.

But the strength and power didn't do them any good use as they fought against the demons.

They were monstrous creatures whose primary diet is humans, consuming their flesh and blood. They have an abnormally powerful physical constitution and potent regenerative abilities, making them immune to normal weaponry and granting them the ability to heal from any wound with ease, even re-growing their head.

But that was until one day a very old man created a weapon that could help them finally put an end to the demon race. The Nichirin blade. A special weapon made from special ore with sunlight absorption properties can inflict life-threatening wounds. However, even with a Nichiren Sword, decapitation is the only method guaranteed to kill a demon. And then a plant called Wisteria is poisonous to them and whose smell is repudiated by them.

Years later two twins were born. Yoriichi and Michikatsu Tsugikuni were twin brothers. Michikatsu is the older twin, and Yoriichi is the younger twin. One twin is born with particularly was born with an odd birthmark on his forehead and incredible abilities, and one with Not.

One adored and idolized his older brother, even declaring that he would support his brother's dream of becoming the strongest samurai in the land, while the other was filled with frustration from being unable to surpass his brother, as well as fearing the fated death of those who awakened their Demon Slayer Marks.

The younger brother of the two created the first breathing technique, Sun Breathing. It mimics a certain element of nature and replicates it with the user's movements, techniques, and abilities. The weapon attacks of Demon Slayers who use Breathing Styles are also longer range, possibly due to shockwaves or air pressure generated from their weapon itself when swinging and striking.

In the hope to match Yoriichi's supernatural gifted strength, Michikatsu abandoned his only remaining family and became a Demon Slayer to train with Yoriichi. Michikatsu had his brother teach him sun breathing. But just like all Yoriichi's comrades ended up, he lacked the balance and skill of his brother. So Yoriichi honed into his brother's strengths and weaknesses to teach him a derived style of sun breathing then was later named moon breathing by the man Michikatsu himself.

His son whom Michikatsu had left behind, grew hatred for his father for abandoning him his mother, and his baby sister behind. But when the news of his father turning into a demon his once hatred soon turned into disgust. He planned on never being like his father who was now considered a traitor to the Demon Slayer coir.

Because of his father, his mother, baby sister. and himself was kicked out of the place they once called home and focused into hiding, afraid that he and his mother might have to perform Seppuku for the sins of his father.

And that boy's name was Tatakae, meaning the word "FIGHT" One day when he was out collecting fish he stumbled upon an old man in the spot he uses to fish and collect firewood. The elderly man's eyes seemed to be closed as he was watching the fish in the frozen water happily swim up to him. 

That right it was winter and almost new year, and the old man was only wearing a thin leer of clothes. Tatakae grew concerned over the old man's health and ran over to the old man with his coat in hand and placed it over the elder.