When my eldest brother and sister-in-law go to work I get stuck babysitting their child

But sometimes it's fun because I get to play the mother simulator.

I take my 3-year-old nephew on adventures and he's so adorable.

"Fufu! (Aunt) Let's go to the park!" Omar begs me, holding onto my leg.

"Okay, okay. Let me go pack your bag." I say and that is how I end up at the park for 4 whole hours.

I am watching Omar do the monkey bars while studying for a test when I see a girl walking towards him and pushing him off.

Oh my-

I run up to Omar and pick him up. He starts crying and I look at the girl who did it and she frowns.

"Why is he crying?" She asks me and a man comes running toward us.

"I'm crying because you pushed me, duh." Omar sasses and I have to restrain myself from laughing.

"I wanted to use the monkey bars, you were in my way. I got rid of the problem." She replies and Omar huff.

"Zara, you know we don't push people." The man tells the girl but she rolls her eyes.

"He was in the way, Bhaiya! (brother)" She yells and I smile while hugging Omar. Kids are so funny.

"You could have asked him politely to get off." The girl's brother tells her but she huffs.

"Would you have gotten off if I asked you?" She asks Omar and he shakes his head no.

"Exactly. Let's go play on the swings." The girl says and grabs Omar's hand taking him away.

"What just happened?" I mumble into my hand.

"I think my sister wants to be friends with your brothers but has a hard time communicating." The man laughs and I get up from the ground.

"Oh, Omar. He's not my brother." I reply and he nods. "Sorry, son." My eyes widen when he says that.

"No way! He's my nephew." I reply and the man laughs.

"My bad. I'm Malik, and you are?" He asks me, staring intensely into my eyes.

"Inaya. It's nice to meet you." I reply, feeling awfully uncomfortable.

We stand there in silence for 5 minutes watching the kids play on the swing.

"It's getting late, I should probably take Omar home," I say to Malik and he agrees.

"Yeah, well it's nice meeting you." He replies and I smile at him before grabbing Omar and heading back to my brother's car.

"You know Zara is Bengali too," Omar tells me, while I put him in his car seat.