6

Angelo, Chasity, and I sit in my dorm room chatting as I don't want them to go home while it is raining

"We should try the cake!" I suggest getting up to grab it.

"Yeah, let's see Angelo's culinary cooking skills," Chasity says and I grab 3 forks.

"Maybe let's not. We can just buy an actual cake from the supermarket." Angelo replies but I only laugh.

"I bet the cake is very yummy Angelo. Don't worry." I say and poke a piece with my fork.

"Okay don't say I didn't warn you." He mumbles and grabs a fork full of his own.

I put it in my mouth and oh-

Why is it spicy?

Wait no it's salty...

"Why is this so sweet but salty at the same time Angelo?!" Chasity asks spitting the cake into a napkin.

"I might have added 12 tablespoons of vanilla and we didn't have sugar so I used salt." OH MY-

"Why did you use salt instead of sugar?" I ask, forcing myself to swallow the cake so I don't upset Angelo.

"You know, I thought it would balance out the vanilla."

"Maybe next time follow a recipe online." I tease and he blushes.

Chasity goes in for another bite and both Angelo and I look at her with our jaws drop.

"Hey, don't mind me. Once you get over the saltiness it just tastes like cardboard."

"...And you enjoy the flavor of cardboard?" I ask, smiling.

"I'm not opposed to it. Not the best thing I have ever had but not the worst." She says and I crack up. She's so funny.

Angelo takes the cake away from her and Chas frowns. "What was that for?"

"I'm not trying to have Leo (their older brother) kill me for poisoning you,"

"For all it means Angelo, I think you did a good job on your first try. And I do forgive you for hacking into my credit card and connecting it to your bank account." I say and Chasity falls out of the bed.

"It sounds so much worse when you say it out loud! What were you even thinking?!" She asks, scrambling up. "That's like an invasion of privacy. Inaya could get a restraining order on you. You need to get a psychological evaluation as soon as possible." Chasity says, slapping her brother's head.

"Wow, that's saying a lot coming from you Chas,"

"I know!" She yells and I'm on my bed laughing at the interaction.

"Don't worry, I think it's kind of sweet. But maybe next time let me know before you do something like that." I smile and he nods.

"Definitely. So just to make it clear there will be a next time where I can connect your credit card to my bank account...?" He asks, raising an eyebrow and I throw a textbook at him.