17

All night long I've been baking for the Russo family

I love them all.

The Russos are like my second family. Sometimes they understand me more than my whole family does.

"Inaya, all of us are going to Malik's house." Ya Allah.

"Amma I'm sick. My stomach hurts." I say honestly. Anxiety stomach aches are the worst.

She turns her head at me and scoffs, "That doesn't matter. Get ready. Oh, you're making cookies, we'll take them for them." No!

"Sorry, that's for my friends," I say but she shakes her head. "Just make more later."

I roll my eyes and go upstairs to change.

I have to look pretty or my mom will yell at me.

My phone rings and it's Chasity video calling me.

"Hi, my love!" She yells and I smile.

"Hi hi! What's up?" I ask and she grins.

"You look so pretty. I'm gatekeeping you from Angelo because he might die if he sees you and I don't feel like watching people die today." She says and I roll my eyes playfully.

"I'm going to see Malik," I tell her and her face scrunches up in disgust. "Ew."

"Exactly. I don't know what to do to not want him to marry me." I say and I hear a voice in the background.

"Easy. Poison him." Chasity's boyfriend suggests. I hear a clashing noise as I hear Chas say, "Not everyone are murderers like some people here."

"Okay fine. I'll poison him then. I'm already going to hell." My friends are so great but sometimes they say scary jokes.

"No one is poisoning anyone. I'll just be myself. That should scare him away," I laugh and Chasity glares at me.

"Girl, are you trying to make him worship the ground you walk on? That's what happened to Angelo. You know what, just be me. Everyone thinks I'm obnoxious." She says but I glare at her.

"No, you are too incredible. Shut up. I'll act like really snobby. I'm going to take notes from Hamza." I laugh. My mom calls me downstairs so I hang up on Chasity and grab my bag.

I hear a feminine voice talking downstairs.

OH MY ALLAH! It's Laila! I missed Laila so much. I love Laila.

I jump on my sister-in-law. Laila is Hamza's wife and she's amazing. Hamza got so lucky.

"Girl, you're getting married?" She asks raising an eyebrow at me and I sigh.

"No, technically yes but I don't want to get married though I didn't say anything because I don't want amma and baba to be mad at me," I say in one breath and she slaps my brother's arm.