"How do I slowly drop Angelo as my friend?" I ask my best friend Ani who slowly drops her spoon full of ketchup onto her plate

"Girl, what? Shut up." She says raising an eyebrow at me. My best friend Ani went to University in New York but then she decided to come back to Los Angeles because her mental illness was having a toll.

"Ani, he's too much. He likes me, like actually has a crush on me. I know. It's so weird. I can't be near him. My intentions are pure but what if his are not? What if now that he's Muslim, he tries to pursue me." I tell her and she nods her head in understatement.

"Call him." She says shortly and my eyes fall out of its socket.

"What?!"

"Let's see how pure his intentions are. Call him up." Ani tells me and I nod giving in. I call Angelo and he answers on the first ring.

"Inaya, sweetheart is everything alright?" Angelo asks me.

"Swoon." Ani mouths.

She grabs her phone and types something out on her notes app.

Ani hands it to me and I read it out loud without registering what I am saying. "I have been thinking a lot about you." WAIT WHAT?!

"Oh, did I do something wrong?" Angelo mumbles and Ani falls onto my bed laughing.

Ani sends me another message. "He passed."

Oh, thank Allah.

"I'm just so proud of you for saying the shahada. I have to go, bye." I say hanging up out of nowhere.

"I rest my case," Ani tells me, smiling.

"That means nothing. All it shows is that Angelo does not have a dirty mind." I say and she nods her head.

"If he has bad intentions he would have registered that completely differently. And sweetheart? GIRL he is so in love with you. I'm so happy for you!" She squeals falling onto my bed. Ani has been trying to play matchmaker for me for years. Especially since she already found her billionaire 6 foot 6 scary man when we were 6. Granted he wasn't a billionaire nor 6 foot 6 when we first met him.

"How is Elias?" I ask changing the subject and she grins.

"My mom loves him. She's teaching him how to make biryani." I envy Ani in the way that her mother is less strict with the husband requirements. All her mother wants is for her to marry a Muslim man.