7

Angelo Russo is perfect

Angelo Russo is perfect. No man in my life could ever amount to him. And that is going to get me into trouble.

Being closer to him has only heightened my admiration. Instead of finding his flaws, I find traits that I would love to have in a husband.

Angelo Russo is my dream husband. He is the man anyone would be lucky to have in their life.

I am lucky to have him in my life as a friend but deep down I am selfish. I want to have him as something more than a friend but that will never happen.

I have never been to a gala before. I have read books where the main character goes to one and it's a huge deal but I never thought that I would be so up there on the social ladder that I would get invited to one.

Everything changed when I met the Russo family.

In my opinion, they are the most wonderful family in the world.

I stand in front of my closet staring at the massive quantity of clothes. I don't have any outfits for this gala.

I hear a knock on my door and I open it to see a wrapped dress laying neatly with a bow.

There is a card attached to it and I take it into my room.

I pull out the card and slowly read it.

"To my Naya. Please accept this dress as an early Eid gift as I know you don't like me spending money on you. I am counting the minutes until I get to see you and escape from my family (except Chasity). Love, Angelo."

My heart swells as I open the dress and...wow.

It is so beautiful. It must have taken him hours to find a modest dress like this.

I slip the dress on as my phone begins to ring.

I answer the phone, seeing Chasity's smile. "Hi."

"Holy...wow. Do a spin." I hear from the other line and I grin.

"Okay, okay." I get up from my bed and do a 360.

I look back at my phone and Chasity is fake panting for air. Or I hope so.

"You look so beautiful. Angelo is going to die!"

"That sounds like a threat, Chas." I giggle and she rolls her eyes. "You know what I mean."

"You're not ready yet?" I point out seeing her still dressed in pajamas.

"I hate getting ready. I'll just slip something on when people start arriving." I wish that could be me. I take hours to get ready because I have the need to always look presentable.

I put on my high heels and grab my purse. "Well, I will be there in 10 minutes. I need you to start getting ready so I'm not awkwardly standing there alone."