46

As I lay in my husband's embrace after he charmed me into taking a midday nap, I recall the memories of our past

As I lay in my husband's embrace after he charmed me into taking a midday nap, I recall the memories of our past. I think back to the events that have changed the trajectory of our lives as my phone chimes with a text.

I groggily look over at my phone to see a message from Chasity, warning me that the makeup artist would be arriving in five minutes. I try escaping from under Angelo but his grip becomes tighter pulling me closer to his body.

"Angelo, wake up." I whisper softly yet he doesn't even stir. I manage to free one arm from his hold as I begin to massage his scalp. I hear him hum in delight but other than that soft noise, there was no reaction.

Minutes pass as I try to wake him up but nothing seems to work. As I begin to give up, my phone flashes with a text from Chasity that she and the artist are coming towards our home and I hatch a plan to wake up Angelo.

"Ouch." I whimper softly which results in my husband's eyes shooting up in alert.

"Are you alright, my love? Did I hurt you?" He asks worriedly, panic written on his face as he releases me and sits us up.

"I'm amazing, my Angel. Thank you for asking." I reply smiling as I try to fix myself to look presentable. "You need to wear a shirt, you sinner," I joke as I through a black short sleeve at him.

"I went from Angel to sinner? How cute of a range, Naya." Angelo says, tiredly as he puts his shirt on and throws me over his shoulder, walking downstairs. His throwing me over his shoulder became a common occurrence as I couldn't even get my steps in around the house without Angelo carrying me.

As we make it to the front door, my husband puts me down and I open the front door hearing Chasity's voice. She tackles me onto the ground in a hug and I giggle as Angelo throws his sister off of me.

I introduce myself to the makeup artist as I show her reference pictures. I sit down and let her do her job, offering her food, water, and conversation.

Angelo sat in the drawing room as he did work on his laptop, looking over at me from time to time.

"So how's life living as the top 0.1%?" Chasity asks and I remember that I'm technically rich now.

"I mean its only been a day so nothing really has changed other than the fact that I live in a mansion."

"I also no longer have only 12 cents in my bank account anymore!" It's 12 million. Which I think is bizarre but it looks pretty sitting there.

"Wait I thought last time it was 13 cents? What happened to the penny?" Chasity questions making me laugh softly.

"When Hamza and I are bored we send each other a penny back and forth," I explain my brother and I's absurd tradition. Two hours passed and my makeup was finally complete, leading Chasity and the artist to leave the house.

Angelo shuts off his laptop before walking over and hugging me. "You are too beautiful. I don't want anyone else to be looking at you."

"I don't want anyone else to be looking at you." I retort as I place my hands on both sides of his face.