20

I stand in front of all of these different spices at the Bengali supermarket near my home and an amazing idea sparks in my brain

'I have to colonize the Russo family.' That is metaphorically speaking of course. But I need to add some desi culture into their life starting with food.

I order a ton of food from a local restaurant because I am no chef and I want them to have a good experience. My mom tried teaching me how to cook last year but unfortunately, I'm a lost cause.

My sister finds me in the corner of the store, sitting on a straw chair drinking a sprite and I smile at her.

"There you are! We're checking out." Aaliyah tells me and we walk towards the cash register where her hubby Kareem is.

I add my half-drunken sprite on the conveyer belt and put on my best smile so Kareem and Aliyah pay for me. Which they do because I'm unemployed and they're not.

"Can you please drop me off at a friend's house?" I ask Kareem and he nods. Risky move, Inaya.

"Send me the address." I do as he says and after, I end my life. Just kidding, but this is very dumb of me because they are obviously going to ask a billion questions when they see Chasity's mansion.

We arrive at the gates of her house and my siblings begin their talking. "Is this the right address?" Aaliyah asks me.

"Yes, yes. I told you my friend's rich."

"Yeah, but I didn't think she's-no way." We stop at the entrance where the guard and my bestie Alessandro is sitting.

"Name?" He asks in his monotone voice. It took me weeks to see a smile on his face.

"Hi, Alessandro!" I shout from the back seat.

"Oh hello miss Inaya. I am very sorry please go in." He says and opens the gate for me. I love Alessandro. I convinced Kareem to swap seats with me because their property is like a maze.

"Now I understand why you're always out," Aaliyah says and I grin.

The actual house is three miles from the gate itself so you see all these cool things like a private Starbucks, a spa, a movie theater, a grocery store all of those rich people things that are only accessible to the Russos. It took me a while to get used to all of this.

"This is crazy. How much is their net worth?" That's a private question.

"I don't know," I reply honestly because I don't go around asking how much they make.

OH MY ALLAH NO!

A Russo out of his natural habitat!

Marcello!

Please don't speak to me.

It's fine I'll send him a text.