11

Soulmates do exist

Soulmates do exist.

It is just a matter of when you will meet them.

Most of us don't meet our soulmates until we enter paradise. Some of us believe we met our soulmates but in fact, haven't.

I haven't.

My soulmate is out there somewhere and I hope he is living his best life. I hope he is physically and mentally doing well.

"Do you think Stefan is your soulmate?" I ask Chasity, regarding her boyfriend. She does a backward summer salt and falls in front of me.

"No way." I did not expect that answer. I fix my hijab and I raise an eyebrow at her. "Really?"

"Yeah. I mean I love him and all but there's no way out of billions of people, he is the man I'm supposed to end up with. It's too much of a coincidence." She tells me and I nod.

"That makes sense."

"Hold your head, Inaya. Just because I think it's weird for your soulmate to live in the same city as you does not mean that Angelo isn't yours." WHAT?!

"Angelo isn't mine," I say and she nods. "Okay, if you say so."

"He's not Muslim," Chasity mumbles something to herself and I look at her. "What did you mumble?"

"Nothing, just humming." Lies.

"I will buy you tacos if you tell me what you said to yourself." Chasity loves tacos more than she loves her boyfriend. It's hilarious.

"Birria tacos from Venice?" Venice, Los Angeles not Italy.

"Yes," She jumps up from her bed and comes closer to me.

"Okay. Ange-." A knock erupted through the room and Chasity's face brightens. "Come in!" She yells and Angelo enters the room.

"Hi, Naya. What were you guys talking about?" He asks us and I glare at him. Angelo is hiding something from me? He's allowed to hide things from me but it's not a sin to be curious.

Before Chasity can say something I speak up. "Soulmates. Do you believe in them?" I don't want it to seem like I am too interested in his life.

"I believe there is a large variety of soulmates. There are platonic soulmates and romantic ones. But I don't think we all have romantic soulmates and even if we do I highly doubt we'll ever meet them." I stare into his eyes as he does mine. If it is up to me I would believe that I met my platonic soulmate already.

"All I know about my soulmate is that he's good-looking and preferably Zayn Malik." Chasity breaks the silence. I think my soulmate is kind and compassionate. I hope he's a devout Muslim and even if he isn't then it's his journey but insha'Allah he finds peace.

"How did the meeting with the Mosque owner go?" Chasity asks Angelo as she stretches her arms over her head.

"I am now officially the new owner," Angelo says with a grin on his face and my smile widens. I hug Chasity tightly. "Pass the hug onto Angelo," I whisper and she laughs hugging her brother.