47

The events from last night brush past me like a blur as I wake up disoriented from the lack of sleep

The events from last night brush past me like a blur as I wake up disoriented from the lack of sleep. I look over to see Aaliyah sprawled out on the bed and Leila and Sadia on the floor. After the reception my family decided to sleep over; the girls sleeping in one room and the guys sleeping in the other.

The reason for us all sleeping like sardines in a can was unknown as the mansion had dozens of rooms we could have slept in. Nonetheless, I woke up and made my way to the bathroom to start my day. After washing my face and brushing my teeth, I leave the bedroom and walk to the kitchen where I spot my husband, dressed in his three-piece suit with no hair out of place as he works on his laptop.

I look at myself through the mirror and feel like a goblin compared to Angelo. My husband doesn't notice my presence until I sneak up and hug him from behind. Angelo holds my hands lovingly. "Oh hey, Hamza." He says and I burst out into laughter, playfully hitting the back of his head.

He turns around to look at me with a grin on his handsome face as he pulls me onto his lap. "How did you sleep?" Angelo asks as I'm deep in thought on how he could be this put together so early in the morning.

"Delightfully. Even though I had Aaliyah's elbow in my mouth for the duration of the night." Angelo hums, amusement evident in his eyes. "And you?"

"Not as good as I wish. Hamza is a very loud snorer. I woke up at 3 A.M." He answers, hugging me tightly.

"Are you not tired?" I ask worriedly, brushing his hair away from his face.

"I drank a ton of coffee." He chuckles kissing my nose. I hear footsteps coming closer to us and I get off of Angelo's lap before my siblings or even worse amma sees us.

Pleasantly surprised, I see the Russos entering the kitchen with shopping carts full of breakfast foods such as pancakes, waffles, omelets, french toasts, croissants, muffins, crepes, and some Bengali and Italian cuisines as well.

"Sorry, we're late. We would have been here earlier if Chasity hadn't taken 4 hours in the bathroom." Leo tells us rolling his eyes as Chasity flips him off.

"Stop acting like you didn't take just as long saying your daily affirmations in the mirror. 'I am a good dad. I will be the best dad ever. Raar!'." My sister-in-law mimics him as she hugs me.

One thing about the Russo family is they are always dressed to impress. You wouldn't ever catch them outside in sweatpants unless it's Chasity getting tacos at 4 A.M.

As we set up breakfast my family awakes one by one, everyone ready for the day except me. I quickly go and change to look as presentable as everyone else. I throw on a random abaya and fix my hijab before joining my family in the backyard.

I see Chasity talking to my mother and I suppress my laughter knowing that they are two completely different types of people. My best friend is showing Amma something on her phone while Leo is keeping my baba company.