42

One month, 1 week, 5 days, and 31 more minutes

Today baba and Angelo are going to discuss my mahr. My fiancé offers to give me billions of dollars any chance he gets, so I fear what he might offer. But truthfully I like money.

I have a serious shopping addiction. Growing up I had a credit card that was connected to amma's card and I memorized the pins and codes so I can buy anything I like at any time.

I couldn't stop myself. If I liked something, I would buy it in a different color. Perks of being the youngest child and mentally ill. I got pity gifts!

Baba didn't mind too much because gift-giving was his love language but he did yell at me sometimes for having poor money management skills. Especially when I once wasted a thousand dollars in one month.

The pretty dresses were calling my name.

Inaya.

Inaya.

Inaya.

I like dresses.

When Angelo tried giving me money I always said no because he is a man and it's weird taking money from him. I mean, I shouldn't have been friends with him in the first place and he wanted to be my platonic sugar daddy too. No way in Jahannam.

But I do hope once we get married he'll fund my shopping addiction. His money is my money and my money is my money.

But, back to mahr. Hmm, what do I like?

I like flowers.

No, Inaya!

Hamza would literally disown me as his sister if my mahr is not up to his standards. But that would be after he laughs at my face and yells at me for being dumb. Sibling love.

Okay, money it is then. How about ten dollars and a hug?

What in the Jahannam, you little sinner? Are you planning to bathe in whisky next, Astaghfirullah?

I'll just have baba choose.

"Inaya, why is there a refrigerator in this room?" Baba asks me as I enter the living room.

My refrigerator arrived!

It has been two months since Angelo gave me his black Amex card and at first I was hesitant to use it but now my whole room is covered with pretty items.

"Angelo gave me a black Amex card and it was an impulsive buy." I spit out quickly, trying to figure out how to bring it to my room.

"He gave you a credit card that only the one percent have and you bought a fridge?"

"It was that or a school bus and I don't necessarily need a school bus." I laugh, as I make my way to my car to visit Aaliyah. Once I arrive, I use my spare key to enter and I see Hamza and Leila in the living room.