29

*super filler chapter that's like 3,000 words

I sit across the sofa from Angelo who is doing paperwork while I online shop for pretty dresses

Chasity sits in the far corner with Stefan talking about their vacation plans.

I look at my cart total and internally groan. One thousand and fifty-four dollars.

How much do I have in my bank account? Twelve dollars and four cents.

"Chas, please help me take out some dresses from my cart," I ask her and she moves towards me.

"They're all cute. Tell Angelo to buy them all for you." She suggests and I laugh. I would not be doing that.

"Yes, Chasity's right. Here, love." Angelo takes his wallet out of his pocket, looks through his dozens of credit cards and pulls out his black Amex. He holds it out for me and I look at it with wide eyes.

"No thank you," I say shaking my head. Angelo grabs my laptop and buys all of the dresses in less than five seconds. I didn't even process what is going on until I see the "Transaction complete" window and my laptop back on my lap.

"Angelo, I'm canceling it." I glare at him upset that he's wasting money on me even though we are not married yet.

"You can try my love. But you do know those dresses are a part of the clothing line that Chasity owns." What? How do the Russo siblings own everything?

"Oh my God, wait yeah! Stefan bought me that company. I totally forgot about it. But yes, I will not be processing the cancellation." Chasity says and I groan tilting my head back.

"Angelo, that was so much money wasted," I say, staring at the man who is back to typing on his laptop.

"One thousand dollars is nothing, Naya. A hundred thousand dollars is nothing. A million dollars is nothing. A billion-dollar is nothing. A hundred billion dollars is nothing. Five hundred billion dollars is nothing. I would lose all my money for there to be a permanent smile on your face, darling." He goes on and on and I stare at him dumbfounded.

Rich people. Oh my Allah.

My phone starts ringing and Hamza pops on my screen. I lazily answer and put the phone towards my ear.

"Hammy." I great and I can physically see him rolling his eyes.

"Amma has been crying her eyes out for a whole week, Aya. You have to make amends." He says as if I am the one holding a grudge.

"I will talk to her once I get home," I reply and he exhales.

"Layla is coming back tomorrow." He says happiness laced in his voice. Layla goes to University in New York but she changed Universities to be closer to Hamza.

"Eek! I can not wait. We have so much catching up to do." I reply hanging up because whenever I talk to Hamza he ends up lecturing me about school.

"I have to go home and talk to my mother," I tell my friends who shoot me concerning looks.