48

Today was a very nerve-racking day as it was my first time throwing a dinner party as a married woman

Today was a very nerve-racking day as it was my first time throwing a dinner party as a married woman. Angelo and I were talking and I told him how it felt greedy to eat alone in the mansion and he suggested we invite our two families. I jumped at the idea wanting to test out my newfound cooking skills in front of a group.

Ever since I got married I've been working in the kitchen nonstop cooking different types of cuisines. At first, it was inedible and dinner would consist of Angelo's cooking but after a few months, I got the hang of it.

Being married to a man who has his whole life put together encouraged me to do the same and I started cooking a day in advance so I don't stress myself out too much. The anxiety plus procrastination combination is lethal.

I'm covered in flour as I stand in front of the pot of chicken waiting for it to finish cooking. I feel a hand wrap around my waist and I shriek thinking that my time was up. I hear a deep chuckle and take a deep breath realizing that it's Angelo. "Hi, my love." He says, kissing my forehead.

"Oh, Angelo! You scared me." I say turning around to face him, flour all over my face. My husband uses his thumb to wipe off the white powdery substance off my cheek and smiles.

"How's the cooking going?" Angelo asks looking over the tens of thousands of pots that are on the stove.

"Swimmingly," I reply, wiping the sweat off my forehead with his tie. He chuckles, washing his hands and starts cutting up the vegetables that were staring me in the eye. I walk over to him, trying to plaster a glare on my face.

"You must be exhausted from work. I got this." I tell him, pulling my husband away from the cutting board by his tie. He looks at me, cupping my chin with his hand.

"I'm not tired, amore. Let me help you." He says but I shake my head determinedly. I push him onto the chair as I crack my knuckles.

"No way. I am going to make the best dinner in the world and amma will love it." I say, revealing my true reasons behind cooking. I just want my mom to be proud of me.

Angelo frowns bringing me closer as he kisses my forehead. "Baby, your mom will love anything you make." I giggle thinking he's making a joke but realize he's serious.

"Maybe."

"Now how about I go take a shower and change and then we'll switch and you can go take a nap while I work on the food?" My amazing husband suggests and I nod.

"Okay." He smiles at me before walking away and I go back to cooking.

Once Angelo is done taking a shower, he takes over with cooking while I lay on the sofa. I get a video call from Chasity. I answer it and see her running around the room. "Are you okay?" I ask, laughing at her speed.

"Not at all. I have no clothes."

"You have an entire room full of clothes, love." I hear her fiancé say in the background and I quickly put on my hijab. Chasity glares at her fiancé and I mentally take down notes on how to look scary when glaring.