44

I sit on the expensive leather sofa as my heart beats rapidly realizing that I am finally Islamically married to Angelo

I sit on the expensive leather sofa as my heart beats rapidly realizing that I am finally Islamically married to Angelo. After three years of our unique friendship, everything finally worked out.

"Great, now I have to update my will." Leonardo groans grabbing his phone. "Thanks a lot, Inaya." I stare at him with wide eyes confused about why he would put me in his will.

"Uh, you don't have to," I reply, fiddling with my fingers but he rolls his eyes.

"Shut up."

I look over at Angelo who's already staring at me. I give him a small smile which he returns. My mom left the Nikkah early with Sadia saying that she isn't feeling well. I feel bad but I try not to let it ruin my night. "Naya, are you alright?" My husband whispers and I nod.

"I'm really good," I reply and he smiles. Angelo is beautiful. Everything about him is perfect. He is too good to be true and I can't wait to wake up by his side every morning.

"Are you excited for married life?" Chasity asks, throwing her arm around my shoulder.

"Of course. And I'm glad it's with someone I like and not a random man." I reply and Angelo gasps.

"You like me? I had no clue." I roll my eyes as he grins at me. He's pretty. My siblings chat with my in-laws and I watch them as if they were a television show.

In my head, I practice my Italian skills by repeating random phrases. I can't wait to surprise him tonight. But what if he laughs at my pronunciation?

"Inaya, I think it's time we leave," Baba says and I frown. I check the time and see that it's nearing two a.m.

Baba hugs me and a tear falls from my left eye. I didn't think I would cry today because I'm more happy than I am sad to be leaving. But I do feel very upset that I'll be farther away from my parents.

"Don't cry. You will come to visit me, yes?"

"Of course," I reply sniffling and he lets go. I hug my siblings and although they act like it's not affecting them I know that they're sad.

"If you don't invite me over to your mansion, I'm going to hold a grudge, Aya," Hamza says and I laugh hugging him.

My family leaves as I smile excited for the new change in my life. I'm more happy than sad and that's all that matters.

"How are you feeling?" Angelo asks me and I grin at him.

"I'm good. But I may cry my heart out once my brain registers what just happened. But nonetheless I am so happy." I chuckle softly as he nods understandingly.

"Nothing drastic will happen. You will see your family and they will come over whenever you would like. The only change will be that you won't sleep in the same house as your parents unless you want to sleepover." Angelo cheers me up and it takes everything in me not to hug him but I want our firsts to be special.