Dinner progresses as my family converses with Angelo's

Dinner progresses as my family converses with Angelo's. Amma continuously throws snarky remarks regarding me towards my fiancé who looks as if he is about to shatter his second dinner plate.

Amma is desperate to convince Angelo to break off our engagement. She will say anything that might hit a nerve but Baba shifts the conversation to another topic. You can tell Amma is at her breaking point when she begins to body shame me and talks poorly about my appearance.

I am aware that Angelo is extremely infatuated with me, thus I try not to excessively worry about what Amma says. But my anxiety is mainly centered on Angelo's well-being as he breaks multiple pieces of fine china dinnerware when my mother speaks poorly about me. My love, I wish I could help him calm down or tell him that it is alright. Most of what Amma says, I have heard my entire life, so everything is well. But that would most likely further enrage Angelo.

I pick at my food throughout dinner and have zero appetite to eat but I do not want my fiancé to believe that his food is not tasty. I only can't seem to stomach food with the thought of my mother plotting my downfall. I look up from my plate to see Angelo staring at me with a curious expression. I bet the food is yummy Angelo, but I just can't seem to eat at the moment. Please don't be angry at me. 

My future husband gives me an understanding nod after we stare into each other's eyes for a good thirty seconds. He is not going to let me leave his house without eating something, isn't he?

Dinner finishes as the three eldest Russos; Leonardo, Franco, and Marcello direct my father, Amir, and Kareem into the drawing room to continue their conversation about stocks or something nerdy like that. Baba has taken a liking to the eldest Russos, which makes me more than ecstatic. Amma and Sadia stay in the dining room as they continue to converse with Angelo's in-laws, Madeline and Iris.

The remainder of us, me, Aaliyah, Hamza, Leila, Angelo, Chasity, Stefan, Antonio, Rocco, and Donatello sit in one of the Russos' spare rooms and talk without my parents watching our every movement.

"So Chasity, when are you due?" Leila asks, regarding her pregnancy but Chas cocks her head in confusion.

"Due for what?"

"Your pregnancy," Leila says, pointing towards Chasity's stomach and I smile at her antics.

"What do you mean? I am not pregnant. Oh my God. Do I look pregnant?" Chas lies and Leila's eyes widen in fear.

"I am so sorry, oh my Allah. I feel terrible. Please forgive me-."

"I was just joking. I am going to explode a billion children any moment now." She says my sibling's expression turns to panic.

"What?!"

"It's fine. I probably won't erupt tonight. Fingers crossed." Chasity says smiling.

"Erupt? Explode?" Hamza asks raising an eyebrow. Hammy's going to have nightmares about Leila being pregnant tonight.