Misunderstanding

Adi and Malini walked to the near by hospital canteen, and ordered coffee for them, both where hesitated to start the conversation, after a brief moment of silence.

A: I m ordering food for you all, and let me what you and mom want, it will be delivered here.

M: seriously!! Adi? Can you please stop all these and let me know what is happening to my father right now? Im not here to have lunch with you so you better open up right way.

A: you heard what Arjun said right, then why are you asking me.

M : Adi !! please I know Arjun is lying to my mom and he is doing this just to console her because she can't handle herself if something happens to dad, so please stop hiding things from us, don't we daughter have a right to know what's happening to our dad?

A: (unable to control his emotions and anger from Malini) Your father had his second heart attack today seeing your nude pics in his WhatsApp along with a threat message saying to backoff from our marriage.

M: Wht!!what are you saying my pics... how could that be .... I ... I really don't understand what's happening (starting to get panic)

A: Malini please control yourself, your father's health is in a very bad situation first we need to address that only and regarding the pics its all mobbed pics and i have asked my team search for its location and the user, but that's not the thing here. I need to inform you something very important

M: Now what other heartbreaking news you have for me now?

A: Malini please, compose yourself we are in public........ ok let me come to the point straight your dad made me promise to marry you as early as possible and I m planning to get engaged to you in next week, so that I can convince your father to get himself operated first

M: how do you except me to accept your offer when my dad is in this state?? Tell me?

A: because your dad will not cooperate for operation unless you get married to me, apart from that once your sisters studies are over she will get married to Arjun and I think he will keep up with his promise made to your dad, and coming back to us I thought of confessing to you that if you have any love interest please let me know I will make sure to get you both married, because marrying me will not go well Malini very complicated it will be, because,... because I m a " one man one women " type and I had my women with whom I already had my moments with her but I thought it was mutual but my fate she is having feeling/crush towards another man, but for me she will the first and she will be the last person whom i can share myself with, the magic which we both had cannot be recreated and it will definitely not happen with me, so please having a marriage life with me is like living with stranger, but choice is your I will not force you for anything, similarly please don't except anything from me as well I can give you only the title as wife but not the love, because I m already married to her in my mind.

M: So Arjun has accepted to marry Shalini after her studies and he has promised as well right, does Shalini know about it( Adi nods negatively) okay let me come to the point, studies is my priority so nothing come in between that I need to finish my CA and start my own firm, so I m ok with getting married to you but as soon as my dad gets treated I want us to apply for marriage nullification with mutual concern, apart from that you will behave nicely in front of my parents until then, so deal

A: (gave a shocking reaction) Are you sure this will work? I don't want to spoil your life like, please think once again

M : It will Adi, trust me I have no hard feelings, so friends?

A: Friends!!!

Meanwhile Arjun asked Bini ma to go see kk in the ICU and sat near Shalini.

Ar: I know you are angry with me now, but all I ask you to understand the situation we are in now and stay calm and trust me, can you.

S: How is Appa, Is he ok just tell me that first.

Ar: No!! he is not ok, this is his second attack, and he needs an operation (Arjun explains all the promises he got from Adi and Him) don't worry papa I think they mis understood our relationship (Shalini looks at him surprisingly), you see that small girl sitting in her father's lap that's you and me di, you are my baby di Shalz.

S: (Shalini hugs him tightly sobs in his arms) I only had crush on your voice Arjun and not on you as a person. I have always looked up to you as my own brother and not anything less.

Ar: I know my baby girl in and out, so now tell me why you are wearing this turtleneck tshirt and what is that you are hiding behind it, hmmm.... Answer me Shalini (Shalini's eyes tears up) Shalu ma!! I have also crossed this stage da, don't worry I wont force you answer me who he is and all, but remember one thing a men should not only have respect on his women but also on her body as well, you get my point right, I would have been happy if he had realized how will your body react out of what ever u both did and helped you face it and overcome it, but I could see anything like that, that's why I m doubting your of choice of selection.

A dunzo guy interrupts them asking for Shalini, (Madam your order) he drops in her favorite Pizza and milk shake along with three other food packages.

S: Arjun!!( she opens up her hands and shows him the medicine tube and some cream) you know something........Lord Krishna loved his Radha very much their love was eternal, unbreakable but Krishna married only Rukmani and not Radha, though Radha was his love of his life and him been God itself couldn't change his fate, I just a human being (Arjun was shocked seeing this side of Shalini who spoke very maturely) Yes I love Krishna I love him till the end of my life but that doesn't mean that I should fight to get married to my Krishna, I will stay away and watch my Krishna live happily with his Rukmani, and to our love story it was always been forbidden and still remains forbidden.

Ar: Shalz!!!

S: (giving a hurtful smile) just going with the flow Ajju.

Adi and Malini came back to the hospital wing and sat near the ICU ward, Adi's dad asked him to stay back and left for his personal work. Since only one person was allowed to stay back in the hospital, Adi took the ladies with him and Arjun stayed back in the hospital, Adi stayed back in KK's house since he felt it is not right to leave them alone with KK in hospital.

B: Adi you can use Shalini's room and she will sleep with Malini today, please feel free pa.

A: sure aunty thanks.

All had their dinner and Bini ma checked whether Arjun had his dinner, Shalini cleared her bed for Adi and moved towards Malini's room, due to tiredness everyone hit the bed immediately. Adi and Shalini didn't exchange any words since morning, there were fighting their own battle inside their head, that's when Shalini moved towards the rest room and applied the cream which Adi had got for her for the hickeys, a loner tear appeared in the conner of her eyes and came out to see her sister in deep sleep, so moved towards her room to see Adi sleeping shirtless covering himself till his waist, Shalini's eyes trailed from Adi's head towards his face and when she moved towards his neck she could see hickeys near his mole, in his Adam's apple and lastly in his chest mole, giving a saddened breather, she starts applying the cream in his hickey without disturbing his sleep, and covers him, when she was about to leave, Adi pulls her wrist making her gasp.

A: Ma!! Wont you even see my face?

S: Adi please leave my hand I must go before anybody see us like.

A: Ma!! I m not any Krishna to leave his Radha to get married to Rukmani, I m Adithya and my women's name is.....(Shalini closes his mouth)

S: Mama !! please don't make it too hard for me.

A: (tears up) I will never let you go!!! DO it at least have that right ?

S: Mama please please for God sake........ (she wipes her tears) Mama!! in this birth I m letting you go only for my Dad and for my Maluka, but in next 6 births you will be mine and only mine promise me,(adi tightens his grip ) please leave me mama!!! Let me go, I m this close to keep you all to myself, my family cant afford that.

A: Ma!!

S: (Shalini turns towards Adi and cup's his face with both her hands) We are not destined Mama!! U r my forbidden fruit, owning you will only hurt many peoples heart and peace.

A: Ma!! Ma!!

S: Good night and Good bye Adi.(Shalini moves out the room)

A: Sorry Ma!! I realized my mistake and my misunderstanding, please forgive me Ma!!.