Arjun's Bonding

KK(pov): 5 years ago when I went to drop Malini to her CA coaching class, I saw a very thin guy, very thin for his age wearing a shabby dress, its colour was along lost standing next to the gate and requesting the gate keeper to let him in, first i didn't understand the gate keeper was behaving very harsh with him, when I just moved outside and enquired, I was in shock when that guy informed me that he has come to attend the coaching class, though I was hesitant first but when he showed me the admit card I requested the gate keeper to let him in, that was our first meet up, later on the same week when I going to buy Shalini's favorite chat from one of the restaurant I saw the same guy working as a server, he instantly recognized me and severed me happily, I didn't want to leave this guy there and come so I asked him to meet me in the given address, but he never came. my curiosity increased I enquired about him to Malini, to my surprise she told me that he is one of bright student in the class but he comes to class shabbily and because of that her class mates used to tease him badly.

A month later we were going to family outing to beach we all settled our self for dinner in a near by restaurant, all of sudden we could here a commotion going on near the billing area, I could see the same guy getting beating from the hotel owner for some reason, I had to intervene and asked them let him go and we took him to our house, that's when we all came to know that he came from the near by village was his college, he is 1st year student in one of the reputed arts college through scholarship and he wants to pursue CA course and that he stayed in the railway station and near by park during nights, I really felt really happy to see his determination to study in spite of his poverty that's our Arjun who fought against all odds to achieve in his life, both my daughter took turns to groom him in terms of dressing and speaking English and I got him a better part time job as an accountant in my friends audit firm, life was returning to normal for him but one fatal day 4 years back his father passed away and when we all reached to his village I could see how rich he was may be more than us living in the city but he was denied from all the richness he deserved by his evil step mother, to put to her cruelty she denied him to the final rituals for his father, I would only come to sense the tortures and trauma this guy must have gone through in this small age that's why I asked him to my final rituals he is more of my son to me and Bini.

B: Arjun is coming down chetta!!

Kk: Don't ask him anything ok, act normal.

Ar: (Arjun sits on the dining table) Appa, when is papa coming back from IV

KK: Saturday da. Take my car and don't forget to go and pick her, and I forgot to ask you, are all the arrangements ready for Malini's engagement?

Ar: ( still his head hung low, not looking into KK 's eyes) All are set appa, I will pick her up and the decoration people will come tomorrow morning .

KK: Arjun!!(KK called in a stern voice), you are stronger than you think my son, get a grip and start moving, you have a family to take care of remember that.( Bini ma and Malini gave a surprise look towards Arjun)

Ar: Sorry Appa, just got drifted away, will make sure this will not happen.

Shalini will be home on Saturday morning and the entire house was gearing up for Malini's engagement, Arjun was very busy setting up all the required things for the engagement, who would say that he had a panic attack a day ago and he is the same person acting very normal as if nothing happened at all.

B(pov): My elder daughter is getting engaged to Adi tomorrow, and the wedding is in another 10 days, we need to prepone the wedding due KK health, my entire family was shattered when he fell sick, but Arjun and Malini helped us to come out of this tough situation. But I would see Malini is behaving very weirdly now a days, she has become very quite and dull, not only that Malini is always fighting with Arjun for no reasons, always throwing tantrums towards him asking him to get weird foods to eat and chats which she never likes in the past Poor Arjun is handling her with at most patience, 2 days before Arjun was having a hard time, I was not sure what happened inside Shalini's room all we heard was Arjun crying and screaming loudly I was so sacred for him but Malini brought him out of the room as if nothing happened, I sure both these friends are hiding something from me, but I will wait for Malini to tell me his actual problem. but that is not troubling me now, it's Malini who is refusing to remove her silver ring from her right ring finger, but with her engagement tomorrow what will Adi parents think if she is already having a ring. I think I need to seek Arjun's help in this.

B: Arjun!! I need your help da thambi.

Ar: Tell me Amma!!( Arjun was holding another food parcel for Malini)

B: Malini is throwing tantrums again da!! She is not removing her silver ring , I know she has sentimental values towards that ring but what will I say to Adi's parents when they come pa.

Ar: Amma already Malini's mood swing is at its peak, now if I go and ask her to remove the ring that she has been wearing for the past 5 years may to clear her CA then she will eat me raw.

B: Please da, it will become a big problem if Adi's parents come to know, all the elders will be there as well, we can't have the ring ceremony then.

Ar: Seri ma I will do it.

Ar (pov): Malini anger and mood swings are becoming tough to handle she was throwing things at me and hitting me badly yesterday morning and especially her food carving have really gone weird, may be wedding gitter's for her now I need to convince her to remove or swap her ring to other hand so that it will not create any issue in her engagement without hurting sentiment.

Ar: Malu ma! Here you go for your chat and ice cream.

M: dai thanks da, I was really hungry ( she mixed both Ice cream and chat together and started eating it making Arjun feel like puking)

Ar: Ma! ( he hesitantly sits kneeling down to her height and starts to trace her right finger and ring) you know something if you wear this silver ring in your left hand then it will connect to your heart it seems, shall I just swap this ring to your left finger Ma!

M: (giving a death glare to him) why don't you do one thing just kill me and take this ring from me ok ya?

Ar: Please Ma! Don't be so dramatic, I only made you wear this ring in front of my village temple and now I m the one who is going to shift it to your left finger Ma!

M: Ok da I don't have any problem, take me to your temple and you can swap the hands, can you ?

Ar: ( Arjun open's his purse and places it near the dressing table, got the picture of his family God's picture from his village temple and keeps back rest of the pictures back into his purse) I don't have any right to ask you to remove this ring, but now I think I can swap the rings for you in front of my God so that you can get ready for your engagement .

M: ( with a Teary eye) You are a freak da, I just hate you to the core.

Ar: ( chukles Seri ok, he seeks his God's blessing and swaps her ring to her left hand)Hey Drama queen get some rest you look tired.

M: Poda, I know.

Ar(pov): I m part of this family for past 5 years both of them treat me like their own son, and Appa went to extreme and asked me to do his last rituals since I missed doing my fathers, though I was coming from very rich family, my step mother never let me to lead a normal life I used to work for her like a servant doing all her house hold chores, and to the worst is that I m used to beating and severe punishments for any mistakes from my side, but the worst is the physical and mental abuse which I was going through by my stepmothers sister was unbearable and painful, she was a divorcee and nearly 15 years elder to me , she came to our village when I was 15 years old from that day onwards she will abuse me and force me to be physical with her if I refuse she used to trash me and punish me badly, so I used to hide in my headmasters house during nights to avoid her and its with his help I got my college admission in city and enrolled myself for CA with his guidance, after so many years she came back to my house Friday evening I really got panicked with her advance towards me even after 5 years, I could control my self, I refused to be physical with her, she had me when I was 16,17 not now that too after i made love with my women, yes I made love with love of my life though It happened unexpectedly I will never let anyone touch me anymore I m only her's I came rushing to KK appa's house and since it was way too late in the night I spent in the corridor itself, Malini is the only person who knows all my secrets including the physical abuse I faced during my childhood, even day before yesterday she figured it out my state and help me out of it and she nursed my wounds. I owe my entire life to this family and especially to KK appa and Malini, I m at a state that I m ready to take anybody's life or give away my life for their sake, because they who showed me what real care is all about, brought me out of my misery and darkness.

Is Adi the right person for my Malu? Is KK Appa taking the right decision this time? I really doubt it.