Engagement

Adi left some one tugging his shoulder; with more difficulty he opened his eyes and saw the duty nurse trying to wake him up.

Nurse: What Mr. & Mrs. Adithya? Both love birds slept very well ah?

A: ( I gave her a sleekish smile that’s when I realized our position we both where sleeping in her bed hugging each other, her bandaged leg and hand was safely  placed over me I tried to move and Shalini steered in her sleep, so i slowly moved her head from my chest and placed in the pillow without disturbing her sleep) Sorry sister!

Nurse: hey no problem, Anitha sister informed me last night, and when I came to change the IV bottle in the night you both were sleeping peacefully that’s why I didn’t disturb you, I came now because duty doctor will be coming any time now and if he sees you like this then he will only scold me that’s why.

A: I understand Sister, sorry for the trouble we had caused.

A(pov): once the discharge formalities got over I took Shalini to her house and left her in her room, both Malini and her parents didn’t utter a word when they saw me lifting Shalini in bridal style from my car, I had personally asked them not to go out of the house due to safety purpose and they agreed, I had an eye contact with Malini which had numerous emotions going on in her eyes, our engagement was going to commence within few hours, I quickly refreshed in Shalini’s room itself since Malini’s room and the guest room was occupied, this room has lots of memories of us together, the balcony which witnessed our first ever intimate moment, her dressing  table mirror reflects our first side hug, her study table and her laptop has heard our endless conversations, how am I going to speak to Malini that I can’ t even fake our marriage that we agreed before, my mind is fully clouded now with the new threat to Shalini and my engagement with her sister in just a few hours, my thought was broken by my phone.

A: Hello?

Ad: Hi Mama, how are you

A: Aditi!   how many times I have told you not to call me Mama, please why cant you understand this simple thing?

Ad: Mama, u will always remain mine and only my Mama and no bodies else can take that place even you cant stop; ok let me come to the point straight I can’t see you getting engaged to the petty Malini today, so you better back of from this engagement and lets get married u know.

A: Aditi please stop this nonsense, I'm getting engaged in a few hours and married in the next 10 days, I have told you 100 times not to come to me with your filthy mind. I not interested in you.

Ad: Oh so now my mind is filthy yah? And what about you Mama, playing your love games with Malini and her sister, you are getting engaged to Malini but you are still playing your rondeau with her sister, answer me Mama?

A: Aditi, you are crossing your limit.

Ad: No! I’m not these two women who are crossing my line, I have already given their rewards for trespassing my line.

A: So it's you who planned and played with their life’s is it, how could you stoop so low Aditi?

Ad: Mama, I m madly in Love with you, I can go to any level to have you in my life so I will go to any extreme to achieve it, if you are still not serious about my intention go and check outside, I have hired a group rogues just to rape Shalini and abduct Malini from here, don’t try to out smart me and one more thing I even have your footage of you and Shalini from Calicut hotel corridor cctv camera, I have blocked you from all the ways Mama, so better behave like a good boy and you should avoid the ring ceremony and later this wedding should be called off is that clear. All else you need to face the consequences.

A: ( I was dumb struck hearing Aditi’s confession, time is running low and at this moment I cant take hasty decisions which will not only affect Malini it will affect Shalini as well, I should come up with the something to avoid) Ok I will agree to avoid the ring ceremony but other engagement activities will go as per plan, and I will not call off the wedding now but I will do it shortly.

Ad: Ok fine, we will reach in another 30 mins. Everything is in your hands Mama. I hope you will not spoil anything.

A(pov): Aditi used to be obsessive with me from the beginning, but I had no interest or attraction towards her, but the way she has plotted to get married to me astonishes me, i have no other way than accepting her offer for now and wait to take my chances against her, for now I m happy that I was able to find out who is behind all these activities. I already have my engagement ring that me and Shalini exchanged, I thought for a while and cover my ring finger with some cotton and bandages to cover my entire finger so that we could avoid the ring ceremony. But I need to come up with some better plans for the wedding else I end up getting married to my worst nightmare Aditi.

Ar: Hi Adi are you ready your family have arrived, if you are ready then we will start with the engagement process

A: But Shalini is still sleeping due to her medicines, Arjun, how can we leave her alone here and moreover its not safe also.

Ar: Don’t worry Adi I will take care of her; you carry on with your engagement.

A: (I walked back and closed all the windows and the balcony door) Please do not open the door until I come back and please stay with her, I will not take much time.

Ar: I won’t don’t worry. (I just saw a genuine care and protectiveness in Adi’s eyes and the way he is taking care of Shalini made my doubts and hatred towards Adi just melted away maybe he is a better choice for Malu and KK Appa was indeed right, my respect for Adi went up high).

Aditi and her mom accompanied my parents along with few of my other relatives, I informed my mom about my finger and asked her to carry out rest of the engagement ceremony without the rings getting exchanged, though my mom was little suspicious but Aditi covered up for me luckily there were no protest from Malini and her parents as well may be there were worried and upset for Shalini, finally the priest came and continued with all the rituals and we exchanged our garlands and photos were taken, All my thought were surrounded only by Shalini finally my second name sake engagement was over, I have crossed one hurdle for now and I have one more to go the main hurdle.

Ad: (let me make this engagement little interesting) Hi Mama and congrats Malini Akka( I just went and hugged Adi tightly ) cant wait to marry you Mama waiting for  you I whisper in his ears,

Ad mom: She is very fond of her Adi Mama, we even named her Aditi only for Adithya so that it will be rhyming you know, I see you look very short for our Adi isn’t Aditi my Aditi and Adi would have made a better pair, but its ok Adi chose you Malini happy for you (I gave her smirking fake smile)

M: Thanks aunty yes! I m lucky to have Adi in our life ( I gave then back since I sensed that they are teasing me for my height and my features, I pulled Adi’s hand and made him stand closer to me and posed for the pics, though Adi was surprised but he got my glue and joined me)

Ad(pov): I was always in love with Adi and his body oops I cant take my eyes off, I just want to eat him raw here itself, all my plans were successfully executed I removed Malini from my hit list when I saw Adi Mama coming out of her room when I was in Calicut, I wanted to teach her a lesson to share the bed with my man, but she escaped the accident but I have made necessary arrangements for the wedding first I will kidnap Malini the night before the wedding and Shalini being bedridden now Adi will have no choice to marry me. Mama! watch out and get ready to marry me, I have lots of shopping to do for my marriage.

A: Aditi, please ask your men to stop following Shalini and Malini, as I promised I stopped the ring ceremony also right? Similarly as per the elders' plan I will marry you on the same day itself. I will convince the elders for that, so I don't want you to hurt her, if anything happens to both Malini and Shalini then I will refrain myself from marrying you.

Ad: Alright Mama, I will not hurt them until I marry you, but I hope u will keep up with your promise.( I dialed the rouges number and asked them to leave the place and not to follow the girl for now, I sensed Adi’s dad coming our way so I just moved closer to him and kissed on his cheek  Adi gets stiff and doesn’t move I waited until Adi’s dad watches us) Love you a lots Mama.

 I'm officially engaged to my soul mate's sister, whereas my heart screams for her and now here is Aditi who is over obsessed with me, what is our future and who will I finally get married to. I think I'm going to pay a huge price to save Shalini and her sister’s safety.