In Loving Memory

This is a Geralt of Rivia x Reader oneshot! 

TW! Birth, cheating, mentions of blood!

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N)'s POV

I hum, tending to my garden. The world was peaceful... until he arrived. The silver haired witcher, riding in on his horse, made me jump, well, in my state it was more like a clamor, to my feet. I turn to greet my lover, seeing his rare smile fall when he saw my midsection. I look down and my own smile falls as I drew my cardigan around myself in a desperate attempt to hide my belly.

The golden eyed witcher dismounted his horse, his normal scowl deepening as he approached.

"(Y/N)." He greeted me coldly. I flinch inwards at his tone.

"What's this?" He asks, gesturing at my stomach.

"Geralt... I can explain-"

"Explain what? That you had another man in our bed?" Geralt snaps, not even trying to hide his anger.

"N-no! I've never laid with anyone but you! I swear to the gods!"

"Then explain this! Witcher are sterile!" Geralt snaps.

"I don't know how! But I can swear to you that I have never... ever been with another man." I sob. Geralt huffs and shakes his head.

"I thought you were different... but you're just like every other whore out there!" He growls, stalking back to his horse.

"Wh-where are you going?"

"Why do you care?" Geralt asks, nudging Roach's sides with his heels.

I gathered my skirts and ran after my lover, but it was all in vain as he rode off into the distance.

A month passed after Geralt road away and I can't stop thinking about what else I could've said to convince him to stay.

I grab my herb gathering basket and walk out the front door, walking to my herb garden with my shears in my apron pocket. I kneel down next to my garden bed and grab my shears, snipping off the healthy, fresh herbs to use in my potions. A few moments into my herb gathering I felt a hand wrap around my shoulders while another hand with a cloth covered my mouth and nose, the bitter smell of the sleeping potion filling my senses as I slowly grew limp and slumped against my attacker.

~Geralt's POV~

A month passed since I last saw (Y/N) and I regretted my action of leaving, so, after I finished a few jobs I went back to her village, dismounting Roach and leading her to (Y/N)'s cottage. I tie Roach's lead to the fence, frowning when I saw (Y/N)'s basket, barely full of herbs, sitting unattended at the side of the garden. My heart racing, I rush into the cottage, checking every room for any sign of her, but to no avail.

I searched around the back of the cottage, still finding no sign of her.

"(Y/N)!! (Y/N) where are you?" I shout, then noticing a piece of rolled parchment sitting next to her herb basket. I pick up the parchment and unfurl it, reading the roughly written note.

'We have your lover. If you want her back, you'll have to do everything we ask. If you don't comply, we will kill her, slowly. You have two weeks. Your first job is in Blaviken.'

A low growl emanated from my chest as I crumpled the letter. Those fools know I am not welcome in Blaviken, what could they possibly want me to do there?

The two weeks passed and I finally arrived in Blaviken, staying on the outskirts of the town. I stalked around the perimeter to see if there was anyone or anything that would hint at my first job. A few meters in, I found a roll of parchment with an arrow sticking out of it protruding from a stone wall. I pull the arrow out of the wall and carefully take the parchment off of the tip, unfurling it to read about my job.