Adding to the Nest

Part 2 to Lovebirds! I hope you all like it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~(Y/N)'s POV~

I sigh, looking at the test. 

"Please don't be negative again." I whisper, having been disappointed enough in the past several months after every failed attempt to conceive a child. I glance back down at the test to see… two lines. I squeal softly, looking at the backup test to see the same results. 

I set a hand on my stomach, smiling widely. Its finally happening. After so many tries.

"I have to tell him… how do I tell him? I'm just gonna tell him." I mutter to myself, walking out of the bathroom with the tests in hand. I set them on a tissue on the counter, washing my hands before preparing some homemade chicken nuggets for my husband.

I fry up the nuggets and plate them with some mashed potatoes. I also prepare some green beans as a vegetable to have. Soon enough, my husband walked in through the door. I run up to him and hug him tightly.

"H-hey there baby bird. You seem excited. Did something happen while I was gone?"

"Just sit down. I have some good news!" I say, practically bursting with excitement. I grab the tests and hand them to Keigo. He looks at them and stands up.

"I-is this what I think it is?" He asks, his eyes wide with excitement. I nod. 

"Yes. We-we're gonna have a baby." I whisper. 

"Oh my God baby bird. This is great!" He says, picking me up and spinning me around.

"I'm so happy baby bird." He says, setting me down and kissing me. I kiss back, my arms wrapping around his shoulders. He pulls back, his hands moving down to rest on my stomach. I smile and look up at him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Its been a few months since Keigo and I learned we were going to have a baby and Keigo has gotten very protective of me. He won't let strangers near me, not even my friends. When he goes to work, he leaves a couple feathers to keep me safe. 

"Baby bird~ I'm home~" He calls, walking into the room. 

"Keigo! Can I please get out of bed now?" I ask, pouting a bit. 

"Of course. I brought dinner home." He says, holding up a bag of KFC. I chuckle and sigh.

"Lets go eat at the table." I say, standing up and walking to the table. Keigo followed closely behind me, his wings flared.

"Alright Keigo, this is home. I'm safe here. No one is going to hurt the baby while I'm home. You can relax when you get home." I say, getting fed up with not having any personal space when he was home.

"I'm sorry baby bird… just everything in my is screaming at me to keep you safe." He whispers, backing up a bit.

"And its cute. But you can relax a bit when we're home. Its not like the League is gonna barge in and steal me." I say, sitting down.

"Okay… but if that actually happens, I'm taking a few months off of work." He says, sitting down as well.

"Now, let's eat. I have something to do." He says, eating his chicken quickly. I eat mine slowly, not wanting to get a stomach ache. After he finished, Keigo walks off to the linen closet, gathering all of the blankets and sheets, even the towels. He then walks to the room, shutting the door. I raise a brow before shrugging and going back to eating my food. I finish my food soon and get up to clear the table. 

"Baby bird! Where's the comforter?" Keigo shouts.

"In the closet!" I shout back. Putting away the extra food and sitting down on the couch. After about an hour, Keigo walked out and looked around for me for a second.