No Regrets

ERERI ONESHOT. Warning! Light angst

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Eren's POV~

I take several shaky breaths, watching the titans close in. Levi was back there, I Hope he's okay.

I continue fighting them off, commanding my squad to take down the individual groups of titans. 

Once they were all taken care of, I decided to head back to where I knew Levi was, seeing him surrounded by titans. I transform and grab Levi, allowing him to secure himself to my shoulder before I charged into the group of titans. I fought them all off and started to retreat with the rest of the scouts.

I run to the wall and de-transform, pulling myself out of the nape of the neck. I grab Levi and use my ODM gear to get down to the ground. Levi’s small body shook in my arms and I looked down at him, seeing he was missing part of his left leg.

“We’ll get you to a medic soon love, just hang in there for me please.” I whisper, kissing his forehead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, I walked into Levi’s room in the infirmary and sat down next to him.

“Hey love.” I whisper, frowning softly when I saw him shaking, tears falling onto the sheet below him.

“Love, what happened?”

“I-I was reckless… O-our child…” He whispers, shaking as he sobbed.

“Oh honey…” I whisper, hugging him gently.

“It’ll be alright. We knew the risks.”

“It’s not alright Eren!! That was our baby! I was reckless and it caused our child’s death!”

“I know honey… and it hurts to know… but it’s not your fault. I sent you out there, knowing the risks… It’s my fault, love.”

“N-no…”

“Yes. It is. So don’t beat yourself up. You also got hurt. You don’t have your leg… which means no more going outside the walls. Let me handle the missions from now on…. you can stay here and start our family. Does that sound good to you?”

“I-I’d like to at least help plan the missions.” He whispers, still crying.

“Alright love.” I whisper, kissing his forehead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple years passed before we were actually ready to try again. A few failed attempts were made but then, our miracle happened. Levi finally got pregnant, but right after we found out, I had to go on a mission outside the walls. I hold Levi close, acting like it was our last night together, like always. 

I lay back next to him on our blanket on top of the roof.

"Eren…"

"Yes love?" I reply.

"Please… stay alive… for me… and our baby…" Levi whispers, shaking slightly.

"Of course love, I always do." I whisper, rolling onto my side to face him only to see that he was looking at me with teary eyes. I wipe away his tears and kiss him gently, my hand moving down his side to rest on his firm stomach.

"I will come back alive, don't worry, love." I whisper, nuzzling his cheek. Levi smiles softly and nozzles back.

"You'd better." He says. I nod and shift, kissing his flat stomach.

"Daddy will come back alive, I promise, alright?" I whisper, placing another soft kiss on his stomach. 

"Idiot… you know they can't hear you."