I'm Sorry

Hey guys! This is a Will x Reader oneshot with some Jealous Jem! I hope you like it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Jem's POV~

I smiled at (Y/N) across the table, watching as she talked with Will intently, both of them talking about a book they had read. A twinge of jealousy shot through me when he grabbed her hand, kissing her knuckles. I stand and excuse myself from the table, going to my room and putting on my headphones, blaring El Tango De Roxanne from Moulin Rouge. It took a few hours for my playlist to repeat once the song was finished, but I didn't mind, listening to the violin music cleared my mind, until I felt a thudding on my wall and pulled my headphones off my ears, hearing soft moans coming from Will's room. I blush and put my headphones back on, going back to El Tango De Roxanne. I stand and start pacing my room, singing along to the song.

"Will drive you, Mad! Roxanne! You don't have to put on that red light, walk the streets for money. You don't care if it's wrong or if it is right. Roxanne! You don't have to wear that dress tonight, Roxanne, You don't have to sell your body to the night." I sing, running my fingers through my silver-streaked hair.

"His eyes upon your face, his hand upon your hand, his lips caress your skin. It's more than I can stand! Why does my heart cry? Feelings I can't fight! You're free to leave me, but just don't deceive me! And please, believe me when I say I love you!!" I belt, not caring if I interrupted their 'activities'.

"Yo que te quiero tanto, qué voy ha hacer. Me dejaste, me dejaste en un tango. En el alma se me fue. Se me fue el corazón. Ya no tengo ganas de vivir, porque no te puedo convencer. Que no te vendas, Roxanne! Why does my heart cry? Feelings I can't fight! Roxanne! You don't have to wear that dress tonight! Roxanne! Roxanne!" I sing, the jealousy coursing through my veins enough to push me through the rest of the song. I flop down onto my bed and sigh, staring up at the ceiling as my playlist continues on.

~(Y/N)'s POV~

Will and I were in the middle of our 'activity' when I heard faint singing coming from Jem's room. I listen to the lyrics, recognizing them from a song I couldn't quite put my finger on.

"His eyes upon your face, his hand upon your hand, his lips caress your skin. It's more than I can stand! Why does my heart cry? Feelings I can't fight! You're free to leave me, but just don't deceive me! And please, believe me when I say I love you!!" Jem belts. I blush, was he singing about me? Did mine and Will's relationship really cause him that much pain?

Will eventually finished and pulled out while my mind raced. He removes the condom and ties it off, throwing it into the trash can.

"Love, what's wrong?" He asks.

"Jem sounds upset." I say.

"That's his go to song some nights. It's nothing, really."

"He's your best friend, practically your brother, shouldn't you be worried?"

"Why? Because he's singing a song from Moulin Rouge?"

"Because, he belts out the part of jealousy."

"Wait, do you think he's singing about you?"

"N-no!"

"He's not! I swear, (Y/N), the ideas you get in your little head!" He shouts, getting angry. I look at him, taken aback by his outburst.

"Will, I-"

"Don't. It's clear you don't really care about me. Just leave." He says. I frown but get up anyway, putting on my clothes and walking out of the room. I hesitate for a second before knocking on Jem's door, worried about him. He doesn't answer so I knock again, this time a little louder. He groans audibly from the other side of the door before he opens the door, his gold-flecked eyes widening when they landed on me.

"(Y-Y/N)... what's wrong?"

"I heard you singing and now Will's mad at me." I whisper. He blushes slightly.

"I'm sorry. He has nothing to be mad about." He says, stepping aside to let me into his room.

"I-I think I'm going to be going, actually. Thank you for having me over. I'll see you tomorrow in music." I say, walking away. I walk to the living room and put my coat on, throwing on my gloves and boots before heading out the door, calling my friend for a ride. I was sitting on the steps as the snow fell on my head when I heard footsteps behind me, too light to be Will's.

"(Y/N), it's cold out here. Come inside. Or at least let me drive you home." says Jem's voice from behind me. I turn to face him.

"Why that song, James?" I ask, my mind still racing.

"Because, it captures how I feel perfectly." He says simply, walking down the stairs and standing in front of me.

"Let me take you home, it's too cold."

"No, thank you. My friend is almost here." I lied, as my friend hadn't picked up.

"(Y/N)." Jem says, his eyes holding a 'tell me the truth' look.

"Fine. But just this once. Will is mad enough without you offering me a ride to my apartment."

"Fine by me." He says, unlocking his car and opening the passenger side door for me. I climbed in and buckled myself into the car, waiting for Jem to get the car started as I shivered slightly. Jem turns the heat on as well as the seat warmers.

He waits a moment for the car to warm up before he pulled out of his driveway, heading towards my apartment carefully.

"Jem..."

"Yes?"

"Answer me honestly... If I wasn't with Will, would you be interested in me?"

"I'm afraid to answer that... because it could ruin my friendship with him."

"I won't tell him... I'm just curious." I say, looking at the man next to me.

"(Y/N)... I love that you make my best friend happy, but you two are stark opposites... whereas you and I, we have things in common, like music, the shows we like, our favorite foods, so on and so forth." He says.

"So... you are interested in me?"

"Y-yes... that's why I chose El Tango De Roxanne as my song right now. It perfectly encompasses how I feel."

"Well damn, Carstairs... I-I never thought of it that way... I would hate to ruin you and Will's bond so this'll stay between us..." I say, sighing softly.

"I'm sorry James, I-I like you as a friend and even if I were to break up with Will, I couldn't do that to him. Dating you right after him, it would kill your guys' friendship."

"I know. That's why I'll let you guys stay the way you are. Maybe I'll move out, make it easier on myself."

"I'm sorry James." I whisper, setting a hand on his shoulder before dropping the subject. We remain in silence for the rest of the ride to my apartment, only breaking the silence with a goodbye when I exited the vehicle. I watch as Jem pulls away from the complex.

"Mon Chere... I'm so sorry." I whisper, turning and walking into my apartment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you guys liked it! I had some fun writing this. I love the song that I put in this, it's such a great song. Anyways, I'll see you next chapter.

Luv Y'all,
Aisy Daisy