Frozen Heart (TW)

This is a Pro hero reader x pro hero Todoroki. TW! DEATH. Enjoy the angst.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~(Y/N)'s POV~

I grunt as I was thrown back against the nearest building, spots blurring my vision. I stumble to my feet and activate my quirk, aiming at the villain and letting loose. The villain turned to me and laughed.

"Hehe, that tickles... puny hero." He growls, walking towards me. He grabs my throat and lifts me in the air, causing me to drop my support items, clawing at the monster's large hand.

"Any last words... hero?" He growls. I gasp for air, looking up at the sky.

"I'm... sorry... Sho...to..." I gasp out, my hands falling limp at my sides. The villain only chuckles and squeezes tighter. I felt a snap then everything went black.

~Shoto's POV~

I sat down at my desk in my agency, waiting for calls when suddenly my phone rang.

"This is the Agency of Shoto, how may I help you?" I answer.

"Todoroki... hi... its Deku... I-I'm sorry... I couldn't get there in time..."

"S-sorry? For what Midoriya?" I ask, standing up.

"The villain... the one (Y/N) was fighting..."

"Yes?" I ask, the anxiety in my voice rising.

"She died fighting him... I-I'm sorry... I-I couldn't get there in time..." Deku says, sobbing.

"I'll be there right away." I say, hanging up. I ran to the district, using my ice and fire to help me get there quicker. I gasp, seeing her body which was being covered by a white sheet. I rush over and cradle her limp form in my arms.

"(Y-Y/N)... (Y/N) wake up." I whisper, shaking her gently.

"Mr. Shoto... she's gone. Please say your goodbyes so we can take her to the coroner's office." The paramedic says. I feel a tear roll down my cheek and sniffle, wiping it away. I kiss her cold forehead and stand up, my fists shaking with anger. I turn to Deku, walking to my friend and former classmate.

"Why wasn't I called?" I whisper, my left side heating up with the anger I felt.

"She was handling it well until just before I got here... I rushed here as soon as I heard the commotion... I'm sorry Todoroki." Deku says, patting my shoulder with a gloved hand.

"It's fine. You did what you could." I say starting to walk to my shared agency, wondering how to break the news to her sidekicks.

I walk into the agency and sigh, calling all her sidekicks.

"Yes sir?" They all chorus.

"I have some terrible news..." I say, taking a deep breath.

"Ms. Disco has passed away. You are free to work at my agency if you would like. I will inform you when the funeral will be." I say. Many of the sidekicks, who she always took care of like her family, turned to each other, hugging each other tightly as they started to sob. I bow apologetically and walk to my office, flopping down into my chair, emotionally exhausted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Four weeks passed, the feelings within me welled up, bordering on overflowing. The funeral was held three weeks ago, the sidekicks pitched in with the planning, giving her the most beautiful send off.

I grab my jacket and go to my car, having my chauffeur drive me to the prison where the villain was being kept.

I get out of the car and walk inside, nodding to the jailer. I ask to he led to the villain's cell and follow the jailer to it.

"Thank you. I would like a moment alone with him." I say. He nods and walks out. I turn to the villain, struggling to keep my emotions in check.

"Well well well, if it isn't Disco's husband. Shoto." The villain hisses. Something in me snapped, I grabbed the bars, leaning in close.

"You bastard! You took her from me! You will pay for this!" I growl, my grip frosting the bars. The jailer came in at the commotion, pulling me away from the bars.

"Mr. Shoto. Please calm down." The jailer says, dragging me out. I kicked and screamed, accidentally freezing the jailers arm. I cried out insults and threats to the villain. I was thrown outside, sobbing. I get back in the car and order the chauffeur to take me home.

I walked into the house, seeing her jacket hanging up behind the door, I looked away, only to see the picture of us on our honeymoon. I let out a sob and fell to the ground, the temperature dropping as the room around me froze. I cried out, sobbing her name as I banged my head against the wall.

"Why wasn't I there? Why wasn't Deku fucking fast enough? Why couldn't I save her?!" I shout, my left side heating up while flames engulfed me. The ice around me melted, turning into steam while the flames raged. I shook and sob for hours, the flames eventually dying down as I collapsed to the ground, shaking as I curled in on myself.

"(Y/N)..." I whisper, sniffling as I fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope y'all liked this chapter! I will be making this a series (pro hero reader x other characters) be on the look out for other angst oneshots!

Luv Y'all,
Aisy Daisy