Never Trust a Duck

Hey guys! Here's a fluffy/funny oneshot for you! It plays into Will's fear of ducks! And it has some fluff before the torment! Enjoy!

The duck earrings are pictured above!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~(Y/N)'s POV~

I hum softly as I prepare for my date with Jem, putting in my favorite earrings to wear whenever he brings Will along on our dates. I cover the earrings with my mid-length hair and turn off the light of my room before I leave it, walking out of the apartment. I walk down the stairs and to the lobby, seeing Jem waiting outside his friend Will's car, smiling when he sees me. He meets me halfway to the car, wrapping me in his slender- yet muscular- arms. I wrap my arms around him and smile, breathing in his sandalwood scented cologne.

"Hey, lovebirds, we're wasting gas here!" shouts Will from the driver's seat of the car. I chuckle and link arms with Jem, walking to the blue Nissan. Jem opens the door for me, letting me slide in before he slid in next to me. I smile and buckle my seatbelt, leaning my head on Jem's shoulder.

"Where to?" asks Will.

"Hmm... Blackfriars Bridge, then Hyde Park please." says Jem. I smile and look up at my black and silver haired boyfriend. He brushes my hair back from my face, not quite enough to reveal my earrings though. I lean up and kiss him gently, feeling his smooth lips against my own chapped ones. He pulls back and reaches into his pocket, pulling out a tube of spearmint chapstick and applying it to his lips before offering the tube to me. I take it from him and apply some to my lips before handing it back.

"Thank you." I say, smiling. He nods and kisses my forehead. I smile and lean my head back against his shoulder.

Soon enough, Will pulls up to Blackfriars Bridge and lets us out, opting to stay in the car to let us have privacy, for some reason. We walked up the bridge, stopping at our normal meeting place. Jem, pulls me close, the wind whipping his hair into his eyes. I smile up at him and brush his hair out of his face, gazing at him fondly.

"My love, remember the promise I made to you on this bridge six years ago?" I nod, looking down at his family ring that rested on my ring finger, twisting it slightly.

"Yes of course." I say, smiling.

"That you'd marry me when you were finally in a good place in life." I whisper, looking up at him, my eyes slightly wide. He smiles at me, slowly lowering himself onto one knee as he takes my left hand in his slightly chilled ones. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a (F/C) velvet ring box, his gold-flecked eyes staring up at me as he opens the box. I cover my mouth, choking back a sob of happiness.

"(Y/N) (L/N), will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" He asks, his eyes holding a hopeful look. I nod, the tears that were streaming down my cheeks burned slightly due to the cold wind.

"Yes, Yes Jem I will marry you!" I shouted, my hand shaking as I held it out for him to slip the ring onto it. He removes the ring from its spot in the box and removes his family ring from my ring finger, slipping the thinner engagement ring onto the base of my finger before slipping the thicker family ring onto my finger above it, the ring seeming to magically fit itself to the new area. I sob happily, hugging Jem when he rose to his feet. Jem lifts me off the ground and twirls me once before placing me back on the ground, kissing me deeply. After a few moments, we heard a slow clap coming from a few feet away and parted, turning to see the source of the clapping. Will smiles at us.

"Fuckin finally!" He shouts, pocketing his phone. I blush, smiling softly. Jem rolls his eyes at his friend, walking over to him and whacking him upside the head before waving me over. I rush over to Jem and take his elbow, walking to the car behind him. Will chuckles and unlocks the car, letting us into the backseat as he climbs into the driver's seat. I buckle myself in and kiss Jem on the cheek, feeling his cold skin beneath my lips. I smile, looking down at my ring, seeing the beautiful silver ring had intricate writing inscribed on it. I squint my eyes, looking closer to see the words 'Wo ai ni. Wo bu xiang shi qui ni' written on the ring. I smile and cup Jem's face in my cold palms, kissing him deeply.

"Gods, I love you." I breathe. He smiles.

"I love you too." He says, resting his forehead against mine. Will gags from the front seat, rolling his eyes at us. I chuckle and look at him, sticking my tongue out at the black haired man. He pulls into a parking spot near Hyde Park and parks the car, turning it off before letting everyone out. Jem reaches into his backpack and pulls out a bag of suitable food for ducks, stepping out of the car. I slid out after him, taking his hand when he offered it to me, shutting the door behind me.

"William, look at the ducks!" I say, pointing out the beautiful ducks. He flinches back, recoiling from the birds he found to be menacing.

"Bloodthirsty beasts!" He says, walking in the opposite direction of the birds. Jem and I chuckle, Jem nudging my side with his elbow.

"Why are you so cruel to him?" He asks. I chuckled.

"He was so hard on me when we first started dating, you remember that, right?" I say, looking at Jem.

"Yes, I remember that."

"Well, this is payback. I will continue to torment him until the day he moves across the country or to another country. Or until he grows old and dies." I say, smiling. I tuck my hair behind my ear, revealing my earrings. Jem bursts out laughing when he sees them, gently caressing the little ducks.

"You wear these every time I bring Will." He says, kissing my forehead gently. I smile.

"As I said, I'll torment him until he dies." I say, walking over to Will. He looks at my ears and glares at me.

"Take those infernal things off." He growls. I shake my head.

"Never!" I say, shaking my head more to make the ducks more prominent. Will walks back towards Jem, backing away from me slowly. I chuckle and follow him, showing off my ducks. He hides behind Jem.

"James, make her stop!" He says. Jem chuckles and shakes his head.

"Nope." He says, dumping some of the duck food onto Will's shoulders which caused him to freak out more and run to the car. I chuckled and hugged Jem, kissing his cheek before we walked to a bench and sat down, tossing the food to the ducks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you guys liked it! I'm going to try to update the London Institute series soon, but I can't make any promises!

Luv Y'all,
Aisy Daisy