The Update.💕

I got lucky and my almost yearly update of book covers landed in anniversary week. This space is deserted but still a sacred place for me so I will continue my personally developed tradition of posting new book covers here.

 This space is deserted but still a sacred place for me so I will continue my personally developed tradition of posting new book covers here

Let's get into it!

I have a theme this time again. Well, I often do. The very first time I didn't. I remember the exact picture used too. I just used it because the book started as Purple Rain came about (which is always easiest) and that was it. Then, I remember putting forth some effort for OF4S and thought I did something, everybody claimed to like it too. Honestly, I think the vision was dope but the delivery... It got copied later but I think it's a pretty common thing now so I don't know... I'm ranting. Anyway, OF4S was when I started trying then I remember Gold had that alternate cover from when I considered writing a full book in P's point of view. Then, everybody liked the alternate cover more but I thought different. And once again, I'm so off topic.

As I was supposed to be saying, I started using themes when people kept getting confused in (international) quarantine. Those covers weren't as fun... So recently, I decided it was time for them to get the boot and, as I did so, a theme hit me. Prince sure did write a bunch of letters, didn't I? There it was. That was it. A scrapbook-esque theme. That's what they all have that same scribbly border. The familiarity groups them together. That and the marble-based background? Boom. A story.

Book 1 to set us off... The original that started it all.

D.M.S.R (2016)

This one took the longest because I hadn't thought of a theme just yet

This one took the longest because I hadn't thought of a theme just yet. I spent hoursssssss going through pictures trying to find one fitting the eras in the book to scratch a face out or edit on a fictional face I created with FaceApp. It was then that I realized, P really was pushing a 'no face, no case' policy because the only time you saw him with a woman he was fucking is if he was openly working with her and that's a lot more rare than you'd think! Sheesh.

Then, I settled on Sheila but was annoyed because Sheila's face is so blatantly Sheila's. Plus, no offense to Sheila at all, but I wanted a really, really pretty smile. Just a bold, white, straight Colgate smile. So then I had to search for the right face to replace Sheila's. Lyric has two body doubles and Ms. Fenty wasn't cutting it so I had to check up on some Beyoncé pictures— Which was also harder than I thought because I needed a genuine smile and a side profile in one. Headaches, people. All in all, the job got done. I like it, actually. It was after this that I had a theme... Which brought more issues. Lol