dmsr throwback

I forgot all about the time Lyric wanted to pull a Prince and not participate in USA for Africa until this person commented today

I forgot all about the time Lyric wanted to pull a Prince and not participate in USA for Africa until this person commented today.💀 If any of that shit was real, this would've been one of the articles written about her. They would've been dragging her— especially Middle-Class White America. That's probably the time when her black audience would've picked up because after this, she started hating the America's Sweetheart image and started leaning toward different shit.

Between this and deciding to "take a break" at her peak of fame and go do the Parade tour with P... only for her to continue without her career suffering? Lyric would have been a LEGEND because we all know this shit was highkey risky as hell. The USA For Africa denial as a new artist?! No real, legitimate manager would allow that— no offense Uncle Dorian. Same thing with the tour... well, the tour is interesting. I remember saying that they kind of co-headlined because they were co-leads on the Soundtrack version of the album. So, I imagine it being like, the opening act starts us up, Lyric follows up with some solo songs, P's set starts and Lyric pops in and out while occasionally playing the flute.

Now that I say that... the tour would've been GROUNDBREAKING. Lyric was actually a rebel in an odd way... I think I suddenly understand why 6+1 prefers her over Nel...

 I think I suddenly understand why 6+1 prefers her over Nel