👋🏽

Letting go of this life was one of the hardest things ever

Letting go of this life was one of the hardest things ever. I was literally Prince in the gif. 😭 I still write occasionally but it's only for myself at this point. For example, Mother's Song. However, I've been quite busy. I'm in college now, so... tadaa😂. There is nothing special about it and in my humble opinion, it is quite overrated except for...

 There is nothing special about it and in my humble opinion, it is quite overrated except for

BOYS.

Man... they look like men but, they're boys. They look good... my, my, my. Three problems arise though. 1) I don't date. 2) I'm too smart to fall into that trap. 3) Being 18 dating a 21 year old is kind of weird to me as of current and I'm confident I'll be dating someone older than me. I mean, I'm fresh out of high school. So, I simply admire from afar because it's the smart thing to do... though, some deserve this work without question.

Speaking of work... The work load is light and that is because I did it on purpose for a boatload of reasons. These advisors don't care about us and I wanted to transition before I go all out. I take two classes a day and three are only 1 credit classes. I'm not behind though because I did a program for an extra three credits this summer plus in high school I knocked out my English courses. So, I'm technically on track.

I live on campus which is why I'm starting to believe it's overrated. I think that it is partially because I'm an introvert. Even why I try to make friends, it doesn't work too well in my favor which really... a lot. Man, I don't even want to go into that. Let me just say, it's really hard. My roommate is cool but... they're interesting. For starters, they're non-binary. That was a personal struggle for me because I am a major LGBTQ+ ally but being nonbinary is something I do not understand at all. Real talk. Pronouns get so tricky too and like, my roommate is female-presenting. They are quite feminine then, in the winter, they bind and dress as a male. What I gathered from what we've talked about is that they are nonbinary as of current because something in life threatened their transition because I know that last year they began to transition but they stopped. I could be wrong but the way they literally say "I wish I was a boy" so often... listen. So, I try not to dig into their business and just be there for them as a person.

So, let's talk about them as a person.

My roommate... sigh. Don't get me wrong, we're cool. We don't hate each other but this is also only the beginning and I'm already seeing the true them. The true them comes out when their friends are around and the true them is fucking annoying. My roommate is like an internet persona, basically. Not to stereotype at all but, they are. They're a white kid who loves anime, all asian food, cosplaying, a liberal with Trump supporting parents, etc. They love memes and verbally yell out "SKSKDSKS" so... yeah.💀 They vape because it "helps with their anxiety" and they say that they're broke... except their parents are both current practicing lawyers.

We have nothing in common, clearly, but we vibe... until their friends come. I don't like their latest friend was brought over but, I'll wait to tell that story another day.

All in all, my roommate really is a nice kid. They try to relate with certain things too hard though. For example, I recently was cutting off all of the lights and said it was the black mother in me (💀) and they said, "Well, I think it's anybody in a low-income household." I'm like...

Now, sis

Now, sis...

They don't get it... but, they tried. I flat out told them, "Nah... it's different." But, yeah. That's my roommate situation with the exception of my suitemates hating me and one of them being a dirty bitch. Me and my roommate are pretty cool, though. I'm trying to keep the waters neutral because they were talking about XXXTentacion and the way they spoke on him, I just knew they'd be the type to yell "CHRIS BROWN IS A FUCKING SERIAL ABUSER. WHY ISN'T HE CANCELLED?!" And you guys know that's my other baby.😬

I definitely avoid that convo at ALL COST.

And... yeah. I'm still decorating my dorm but I have a print out of P that I cannot wait to put up. I go home on the weekends because I only live 45 minutes away and I don't have friends yet. I'm trying though! I'm in the process of getting a job and I have to participate in some research studies for my major as a first semester requirement but, I'm still going to try to write when I can because...

 I'm trying though! I'm in the process of getting a job and I have to participate in some research studies for my major as a first semester requirement but, I'm still going to try to write when I can because

So, yeah, this is basically the update on my life with the exception of my peers basically cracking on me for being a virgin which is, again, a completely separate story that I do not even want to get into...

I'll gladly speak on that later, though.

Anyway, this was pretty much it. This is my life. I missed everybody on this side so much and just decided to speak my own half of a catch up conversation. Now, I'm ready for some people to ignore this, vote for it but say nothing, and then the homies to come on out and say something.😂