17 Days of Prince

Day One: 4/5/19
Era: Sign O' The Times
I will gladly begin 17 Days of Prince with a second part to Mountains.

STARRING
Sade as Sophia

He sat at the bar in pure silence

He sat at the bar in pure silence. His head hanging low, he mentally chases after his thoughts as he fights off every inch of his anxiety. Whether or not the woman of his dreams will show up to their promised meeting.

When she left, he was left to be accompanied by a nameless woman in a navy dress. She was a book editor who resides in one of the big city buildings in New York, he being a poet, surprisingly never got the story behind her being. That meeting was not apart of his destiny, and so he ignored it. Some would question his ability to be able to dictate what is and what is not a piece of his future. Prince knew, he genuinely knew. If it were his destiny, he would not be thinking of Sophia, her abrupt exit, or ever seeing her again throughout the entire time the woman a the navy blue dress was attempting to converse with him.

Her soul to spoke to his own.

The immediate attachment enlightened the internal sparks of his cleansed spirit. Euphoric bliss beyond all measures is the only feeling he felt for that short fifty minutes that she was in his presence. The connection between the two was undeniable. He was completely honest in her presence. Prince would like to know if she, Sophia, were possibly his soul mate. The only thing God truly has to do and give him a sign of otherwise because as of now, the only objective of his sole being is meeting Sophia for the second time.

A gust of wind fails to gain his attention as he sits, sulking deeply in his thoughts. The same bartender that tends to the encounter any other night rests a cold glass close enough to Prince's knuckles for his head to pop up like a whack-a-mole at his favorite amusement park.

"One Scream of Passion."

His eyebrows furrow into an oddly degreed line as he turns to look over his shoulder. The lack of familiar faces brings his eye contact to the far right wing of the bar. He looks go the left as the suspect makes themself known. A pair of eyes that look to behold his future within their orbs greet him. A smile forming itself on his face, Prince could feel himself being attacked by a dopamine rush that features a tint of oxytocin. He is engulfed within the emotions as he stares into her eyes from the across the bar.

The bartender prepares to return to their sink when Prince quickly spits out a cry. "Wait!" The bartender stops. Leaning on the counter, they allow Prince to get his words out of his system. "The person who sent this... get them a uh.... a Sapphire Martini." Prince slides a bill on the table that paid for the both of their drinks. The bartender takes the bill and nods. Prince tucks his lips inward as he watches Sophia scribble on a napkin.