#LeislTheIcon

This started as a moment for me to toot my own horn because I stumbled across an interview that made me cackle because it resembled a scene I wrote, making me feel like I'd properly channeled my inner P so let me start there... BUT it turned into me stanning Leisl because I love hearing about Prince being rejected, especially by younger ladies.

So, if anybody who is reading this doesn't know, Leisl's the Gangster Glam girl. K. She was also a friend for a long while. Recently learned somebody else in the crew was trying to get at her during Purple Rain but Prince snatched her then she said, "Joke's on everybody. I'm only 16!" (A teen not falling for this foolishness? Love that.) So then she plays keys and she ends up in Brown Mark's band of girls in '86 as Mazarati's flipside but I find that to be even more interesting since she said her rhythm is so trash she couldn't even mouth something on a video set because she's always a beat behind (which is why she can't dance.) BUT I DIGRESS!

P never got first dibs because she got married at 19 and had a baby. HAHA! Already winning.

Says she was friends with Ingrid and Carmen, (clarifying that he dated Ingrid. I've heard that one be fuzzy) and said he tried to use her to make Ingrid jealous but it flopped because they were too good of friend (Chanel and Susannah?? IS THAT Y'ALL?!) She said he was nothing but the homie until he got all handsy during shooting Gangster Glam (the infamous boob squeeze) and it caught her off guard. Then, around that time, he starts caking up on her. Randomly calls her over to hang out one day. Next thing she knows, he pulls her in her waist all cute like and starts randomly flirting.

Me and 1989 Lyric

Me and 1989 Lyric

The famous shrimp taco scene. The pulling by the belt loops and randomly flirting all up in her grill? Wow.

So, Leisl freaks and cracks a joke to change the subject— Also very Lyric coded— and it kinda just floats away from there. All in all, in conclusion, Prince was a predictable whore and Leisl is an icon who got away unscathed. Love that for her.