A List

A list of some short titles that sound good and the plot I imagine. All of which are based on Prince's lyrics. (2/7/19)

•Technicolor Junkie
An artist as the main leading lady. We've got a broke Prince (possibly trying to get a record deal if you want to go the music route) who is willing to do almost anything for money. She paints a portrait of him and eventually gets him to do acid or something. Some kind of psychedelic. But, he has a bad trip and... *cue Blue Tuesday* it changes him forever.

•When Doves Scream
Not only can this be the title of my favorite Punk Prince moment (😂), but... this could work for a super sad book. Mental health maybe? The correlation between wanting to scream and sadness is absolutely uncanny. I hate to say it because these books annoy my everlasting soul but... those little P vs Mike books?🙄 This would be a good title. I still like the depression one... maybe a book where Prince had everybody fooled with thinking he kept his cool during Purple Rain but he's secretly seeing a therapist— which almost looks to go against his character lol.

Or, if we're tired of a realistic Prince, we can do an au Prince. The Great Depression of Dirty Mind Era could be the point of focus, boo. Vomiting and sobbing, I can see it. Maybe the reason isn't only love (shade to myself)... maybe, he was depressed because he didn't feel he was where he needed to be in life? He was at that age where those feelings come. Maybe, his relationship with his parents (which we all paint to be far worse than what it was😂) is draining his entire soul? Then, we need a good flower child to try and brighten his world. A almost-hippie, perhaps?🤔

•Cherry Pie, Apple Kisses
This could be the perfect romance novel, with or without sex. I'd, personally, say sex— only because of where this title came from. Lol. Anyway, I'm thinking a Prince classic on this. The hot and cold nature can seem to be a little played out... but, what if she's just as hot and cold? It needs a wow factor to explain why they cannot avoid each other. She should be a TimeWarner A&R— Oooh, she can be the head A&R or executive that they always throws at him when it's time to hear his album cuts. Let's say she's who gave him a hard time about releasing all those albums. Oop. But, with a name like that? It'd have to be a happy book that focuses on a sad situation and that can be kind of hard to do... hmph. 🤔

•The Mermaid Outside My Window
Okay, but what IF. Okay... WHAT IF... THIS WAS REALLY ABOUT A MERMAID. Ugh! Okay! Look, wait. I need to relax.... Inhale, exhale. I'm good. Alright, look. What if, Prince's at his house with Susannah in LA, right? There's a beach directly behind it, right? Susannah's always telling him that the waves always crash harder when he's home, right? So, Prince comes up with such a Princely explanation blah, blah, blah. Until, one day... they're having sex and this man hear's singing. BUT SUSANNAH DOESN'T HEAR IT. Somebody busts, the sex is over, Prince goes out to the beach, right? Okay. P's on the beach and he sees a girl sitting on a his favorite rock. He makes a snarky comment and they speak. Blah, blah, blah. Time passes, he sees her again. GASP. A MERMAID. Some other stuff happens but, they never fall in love or anything. They know better than that. They can have sex though... How, what the hell? I know, weird. BUT HEAR ME OUT. So, what if... whenever she hits a certain note, it triggers the function in his brain that makes orgasms... and what if he can replicate those on the guitar— suddenly guitar faces make sense, right?!

Wow, I'm on fire. Don't put me out. 😂

Or... everything I said without the orgasms. It can just be one of those really sweet, PG-13 books because if I write it? Prince's gonna' have Prince's mouth. 🤷🏽‍♀️ Unless...

Plot Option #3... Prince's a teenage, staying at his aunt's lake house and finds a mermaid who was trapped in the lake after finding out her ex boyfriend was a voodoo doctor. And, like, mermaids are saltwater creatures to my knowledge but... we can insert something spunky in there.

•The Forbidden Fruit
Nothing nastier than a horny virgin or a cougar who's husband that cheats on her, right? Okay, so check this one out... Prince, 17... or older? The older would make it juicier because, first of all, Prince abstaining from sex? Unbelievable! Anyway. A horny virgin, that's P, spending all his time in the library writing nasty, nasty stuff, dude. Leaves his notebook, the librarian finds it— plot twist, he's got a crush on her. She thinks he's a college student because it's a university library and she's a student but, he's really just interested in the wider range of books. They start playing cat and mouse in a very, very subtle way but, she finds out he's on 17 and then gets a boyfriend days before his 18th birthday. Imagine the reaction... I like it already.

My mind wanders, these just sound like some good titles and these are the plots I imagine with the plots that my mind just kind of... saw, I guess? Sigh, anyway, I'm swamped in some work at the moment. My brain has been MOVING and every time my life calms, and I'm focused? I get something in my lap. It's currently my English 102 research paper, sigh. I'm working on a wave, adoption is fun... so is cheating lol. Update on Desire? Let's just say the Purple Rush tapes REALLY help.