tribute? tribute.

Okay, so ShonaShaniece asked the following question.

AHEM

AHEM.

Yes, I'd accept the offer. I want The Revolution, Bruno Mars, Luke James, The Time, and H.E.R. We can work out the setlist but I don't want anybody doing any major hits. Purple Rain? No. Nothing Compares 2 U Shutting Up.... unless Rosie's singing it. (anybody know how Rosie's doing?).

Anyway, NO MAJOR HITS. NONE.

Okay, dig up.

The Revolution does something one of the concert mashups. Like how Soft & Wet went directly into I Wanna Be Your Lover? Not that specific one but something similar. Anything P would have them play when he'd leave for costume change because that way it's doesn't feel completely empty without him because that is technically kind of how it's supposed to go. I probably would want the extended Revolution with Eric on sax, Atlanta on Trumpet, Miko too.

Bruno Mars can perform It but I don't want him to try too hard. Everybody's always like he's the next P— next person to get smacked if you say that bull again. Stop. If he does It, I don't want him dressing like P, I don't want him playing guitar. Give me regular Bruno on his 80's vibes but channeling Prince. Keep all original synth sounds, everything. With the right direction, he might be able to pull it off... might.

Then, Luke James can slow it down with maybe Mellow? Luke has vocals and he's a major Prince nerd so I kinda trust him. He could maybe do Shhh but if he does, I need a CRAZY band behind him. I need a CRRAAAAZZZYYY drummer because RIP John. Otherwise, I would've said bring John. (Another option is D'Angelo doing 2Morrow.) Maybe. Something of that calm sensual esque vibe but no ballads.

The Time can literally do whatever they want because those are my PEOPLES.💀 Maybe make it even more theatrics too! Like in preparation for Morris to pop out they do the Chili Sauce skit or something. Then, like I said, they can do whatever they want. Nearly 100% free control.😭 Although, them singing Chocolate at their current age is probably GOLDEN. Just let that marinate in your mind.

Last but not least, my queen... H.E.R. can pop out on the scene. Now, we all know P would love H.E.R. Then, she has a different kind of sexy to her. She's got like a mysterious but not overly sexualized sexy aura to her. She's doing Joy In Repetition but before that, I want her to play the upright bass and maybe have Ingrid recite a poem. If no Ingrid, somebody like Zoë can recite something P wrote that I know the Estate has but act like they don't. Then, she pops out for Joy In Repetition. A solid 85% of that song is about P playing the guitar so... we'll figure that out in regards to whether or not she can pull that off.

If we need a filler, Sheila can play the drums and do Alexa De Paris with somebody or Alicia Keys can do Venus De Milo.

And that there is my tribute show to Prince