Editing Update

This, much like most things posted here, is more for me than anybody else. I need to see my thoughts to follow through.

DMSR (BOOK 1)

Finished. Completely done editing, will never be touched again unless I spot a minor spelling error. Now in a full past tense rather than present, which makes it a lot more personal. Love that. Also, I think this is my favorite book... That might be because it has all of my favorite eras though. I'm a major sucker for that '83-'86 span.

OF4S (BOOK 2)

Needs more work than I expected

Needs more work than I expected. Unlike the first book, I think it'll take almost a complete revamping. A lot of it stems around the beginning of intimacy and her still meeting so many of the woman he was sleeping with but let's be realistic, he would've been hiding them as much as he could until he wanted to use one as leverage to upset her. So now I gotta sit here and replace all of the details regarding that and make her busier because with how much success she was seeing, there is no way she'd have the time to see Prince as much as she did— Which kind of works because we have a few time jumps and I recently thought of some more men for her to date. I'm excited about that.

It also plays too much into the idea of her being a protege of his and she really is not. So more independence is necessary as well. She's meant to be a medium between Whitney and Janet with more popularity than Madonna. I need more egos bumping between them.

I feel like once it got to the point of her having romantic interest in him, it became all about him too fast. I wanna scale it back to be closer to the first book where we could go chapters without seeing him but he's still very much on her mind. Something in me wants to take the book down and completely redo it but people still read these books and I don't want anything missing for that long. Then, I'll be getting inboxes about where it went and all of that.

So, in conclusion, this book is going to be VERY different from the original. Wow. I haven't touched it since it was posted.

Gold (BOOK 3)

Personally, this is my favorite cover

Personally, this is my favorite cover. Anyway, this will take the longest and needs the most work but I was prepared for that. Part of it is because I don't like the way Nelly's life transition was handled. It just went BOOM. We're with the hood niggas. I hate that. Also, after doing the spin off, I want the minor details to match. It'll make Nelly way less in love with P for this era but I, personally, think this is for the best. She needed to be loved the way she was by that other man to complete that portion of her life because Prince FLOPPED. This is a time of full independence from Prince and any interaction is 100% completely platonic for the first time in years and I want that to be fully understood. She was literally over him. Done.

Back to what I was saying though. I'm not touching this until I finish I'm Yours. I gave someone my word that it'd be done this summer and I plan to stick to that.

These are my current writing plans!

 It's so obvious I have a crush on Prince right now

... It's so obvious I have a crush on Prince right now. I hate this cycle but 'tis the season! Kk. Got shit to do. Bye.