UGH! Cute But No.😭

So, ever since that one posts where we tried to come up with a face for Lyric based on Celebrity Mashups, I've played with photoshop to muse myself. I got hit with a random wave of inspo two days ago and have been tinkering the entire time. My brain is stuck on a brownskinned mix between Lisa Bonet and Janet Jackson so that's what I use most often and she's usually pretty cute... But we have some issues so I want to complain.

Lisa x Jan aka Nelly circa late '89 to mid '90? This fits well

Lisa x Jan aka Nelly circa late '89 to mid '90? This fits well. This could even be mid '88, honestly. This is close to what I envision at the BAD Tour concert with P in July '88. I like it.

I like this combo most, but for whatever stupidly annoying reason, it turns her skin lighter than I want in most pictures. In my head, Nelly's somewhere closer to or between Janet and a young Mike before the vitiligo hit, as far as skin tone. This one, I can do but as I post them, you'll see her slowly get lighter. In the books, she's described as having big, round eyes with a button-ish (?) nose. However, in my head, she has a regular Black girl nose and the proportions of her face based on her eyes just make things look smaller. So, this photo is actually pretty good for me. I can do this!

Edit: This first one is my favorite.

In my head, this would be Nelly closer to late '87, early '88 with her hair finally growing back from early '87

In my head, this would be Nelly closer to late '87, early '88 with her hair finally growing back from early '87. This is probably the length for late '86 too, but she's not that elegant yet— again, in my head. Glam comes in '87, post-Uptown.

This one's good too. You can tell Jan's the base but it has a Babydoll effect to it and in Gold (Book III) and Distractions (3.5?), Tupac Shakur always calls her Babydoll because she "looks like a babydoll." So this one is alright with me too.

Jan's a good base to edit from. It keeps the clothing era in tact for the most part. I can't do Lisa as a base with Jan on top because it makes a completely different person. My only real problem with using Janet as a base is how strong the Jackson genes are. Then, Jan had a rhinoplasty so (depending on the picture) Nelly's nose is smaller than I'd prefer. Lisa's nose is pretty bulbous and her lips are fuller than Janet's so it kinda balances out but sometimes the end product still looks too much like Janet.