Mountains

STARRING
Sade as Sophia

A leaky pipe's drip is drowned by the pitter patter of rain outside

A leaky pipe's drip is drowned by the pitter patter of rain outside. The black skies feature a gray tint, the hefty rain clouds, as the moon shines bright. Minneapolis' skyline illuminates the entire upper portion of the city. Pedestrians carefully walk the sidewalks, enjoying the nightlife being offered while still being careful to being splashed by leftovers rain water as fast cars drive past. Umbrellas of plenty colors are perched over shoulders to keep the holders dry. It's a typical April night in the city. Rain or no rain, there is always something for everyone to do at any time of the night. While it happens to only be seven o'clock, the streets are extremely busy.

She adjusts her collar as she sits down at the bar. Her head rising, she makes a brief contact of the eyes with the bartender of the night. "A Sapphire Martini, please." The bartender nods at the request. As he saunters off in direction of the opposite end of the bar. Her head falls as she takes in the trials and tribulations of her day. She has a lot to think about.

Caught up in her thoughts, she fails to notice the man who takes a seat on the stool next to her.

The man settles on the stool. As the bartender sets the drink she requested in front of her, his eyes meet the man's. An exchange identical to the one the bartender just had repeats itself. The man raises his index finger for the bartender's attention. As the bartender's eyebrows rise, the man clears his throat very lightly, just enough to clear any left over phlegm from his allergic reaction to the abrupt weather change that took place during the previous week.

"A Scream of Passion."

He orders a frozen passion fruit and mango flavored daiquiri. The bartender nods and walks away, leaving him to examine his surroundings. He adjusts his high reaching collar that covers his entire neck. He unbuttons a single button, giving his Adam's apple space to breathe while still keeping it enclosed. His eyes carefully peek as he notices, out of his peripheral view, natural crimson colored clashing with the tan paper napkins that rest on the table. Her index finger taps on the first and third beats of the mellow jazz being performed by the live band that takes the stage behind them. 

Her mind in a complete daze, she stares down at her drink as she brings her hand up to the glass in order to lightly sip her drink. The blue drink taints her tongue but it does not taint her lipstick, the same lipstick that is the exact color of her fingernails.

"Have a long day today?"

The feeling of someone's eyes beside her snatch her from her dreamlike stage. Eyes fluttering as she comes in contact with reality, her lashes brush against an abundant amount of pigmented dots that are scattered across her face.