Rant #454 (PR Track 3)

I've been so stressed that I'm physically sick. The past 72 hours have been hell. But, I'm starting to feel a little better. Plus that isn't even important. I came to rant! So, I decide to get some work done. It was time to update Lyric's discography. I'm pulling together my timeline and I decided to listen to Mariah's Butterfly album because I chose that as Nel's song years ago. It was supposed to be for P but, whatever. Anyway. I'm reminded that she covered The Beautiful Ones and all of my anger resurfaces because...

 I'm reminded that she covered The Beautiful Ones and all of my anger resurfaces because

just listen to this.

Here's the cliff notes for anyone who doesn't want to listen to the full rant.

Rant mode, on

Rant mode, on.

So, in 1996... Jodeci is already done for. The singing roaches split up after a tour, still homeboys but, they all were batshit crazy and this was the best decision. DeVante Swing is still producing— slowly reaching his downfall at this point because cocaine is a hell of a drug and depression is a real vibe killer but, nonetheless— he is still a mega producer. Mariah Carey is T H A T girl. Straight up, she's like Baby Lyric but in reality. Now, whether you like DeVante or not... that man is TALENTED, okay? Or at least, he was. That's a sad story you guys over here could care less about. So, DeVante being a complete Prince fanatic in every sense of the word, teams up with Mariah to do a cover for track #3 on the Purple Rain album. Okay? Supposedly, the plan was to have K-Ci do the duet with Mariah. Okay, that's fine. K-Ci can sang... he isn't the BEST vocalist in the world but the boy got some church pipes. Vocals. Now, it is 1996. Jodeci is stepping back and their children— Dru Hill— are stepping forward. I like Sisqo but, even he said it, babes wanted to be K-Ci for a while. Around that time, who wouldn't want to be Jodeci though? You know? So, somehow, someway, Dru Hill is added to the mix and you get...

this shit.