The witch

Present

As soon as Minho returned home, he needed to give some explanation to his mother and to Hyunjin.

Some days passed in a boring pace, with no gardener to tease. And no curtains fixed.

He was laying on the grass under the willow tree when a shadow blocked the sun once again.

That reminded him of the first encounter with Jisung, so he opened his eyes in anticipation when he met with a freckled boy smiling at him.

-What the hell? he jumped scared. Who are you?

-Good to see you again, Lee Minho! the boy bowed respectfully.

Minho stared in those empty eyes while a feeling of pure terror took over his body.

-How do you know my name?

-Because we met before. Not in this afterlife, but we did. Jisung introduced me to you. He was so excited. I remember how he squeezed your hand and you got all shy, the boy recalled those memories while giggling.

-What are you talking about?

-Don't you have those weird moments when you swore you saw or heard something, but people tell you it never happened?

Minho didn't want to admit it, but the stranger was right.

Minho had a bad memory since birth, but the moment he met Jisung something clicked in him. He started having false flashbacks or realizing he knows things no one ever told him. That creeped him out.

-Get away from my property before I call the gatekeeper. Changbin! Minho yelled from the top of his lungs.

Changbin came in a rush, ready to beat the shit out of anyone who was bothering his boss.

However, when he arrived at the scene, he spotted Minho alone.

-What's wrong?

Minho looked behind dumbfounded. The boy disappeared in the blink of an eye.

-He was right here. I swear. There was a blind boy here talking to me.

-Sir, no one entered through that gate. I was there all morning.

Changbin looked at Minho a little concerned.

-I'm not crazy, Changbin! He was right here.

-What's with this fuss? Hyunjin chimed in seeing how unusually agitated was his best friend.

-I think Minho hyung needs to lay down a bit, Changbin said thinking Minho was hallucinating.

-Hyunjin, you have to believe me! he begged, clinging to the latter's shoulders. I saw him. He asked me about things I see and remember. He knew about it. About the flashbacks.

-You have them too? Hyunjin asked with big eyes.

-What? Minho replied trembling.

He couldn't believe his ears. Hyunjin was in the same situation.

-Doesn't matter. Let's go inside, the taller shrugged it off.

800 years ago...

The moment he heard about the witch, Changbin developed a fascination for the boy.

From the stories he heard from the knights, the boy was smiling even when he was tortured, and beaten.
He was talking respectfully and wasn't screaming or resisting in any way.