Like a rose in the moonlight

800 years ago...

-Stay still!

-It hurts!

-Jisung...Look at me! Hyunjin cupped Jisung's cheeks. This is the smallest sacrifice you have to do as a prince, so bear with me, ok?

-Encouraging...Jisung pouted.

-We'll try again, ok? Stay still and hold your breath.

Hyunjin went behind Jisung and pulled the strings of the corset harder, making Jisung squeal in pain.

-I think it's enough. Let's tie it, shall we?

-Hurry up, please! Jisung begged with half of breath.

Hyunjin took a few steps behind to watch Jisung better.

-How do I look?

-Worthy of a prince, he smiled which calmed down the younger a little.

A knock interrupted them and Jisung turned his head towards the door almost immediately.

He was embarrassed of his look and didn't want anyone to see him.

Hyunjin signaled him with his hand that he will go check.

The Duke opened the door and met with Minho.

-Is the prince here?

Hyunjin looked at Jisung who was shaking his head in desperation.

-He is. Come in!

Jisung's eyes wide opened with an urge to kill his best friend.

-I'll be back to take him when the ceremony starts, alright? he said before closing the door behind him.

Minho was mesmerised by Jisung's look. The black corset squeezing his already little waist, the red silk shirt and the hair styled on the back left Minho speechless.

-Am I that unpleaseable to the view? Jisung asked visibly anxious.

-What? Minho snapped back to reality. No! Absolutely not! You look stunning, breathtaking. Like a rose in the moonlight.

-Since when are you that poetic? And I thought you despise flowers.

-I do... But I could never turn my back to this one, he said caressing Jisung's pinkish cheek.

The latter didn't make eye contact. He constantly looked down.

He was conflicted in so many ways. Why was Minho so romantic all of a sudden? Playing along would have make him weak? He was supposed to marry for the throne, so weaker than that he couldn't appear...

-What about a duel? Jisung said out of the blue.

-Pardon?

-Make me a favour and play with me until I need to go there. Staying here and crying is unbearable and pathetic.

-As you wish, Minho bowed, then took out his sword. Can you fight with the corset on?

-I don't have anyone to tie it back for me.

-I can do it, Minho blurted.

-Alright, he said taking it off to finally breath regularly.

It felt good to have the proper amount of oxygen in his lungs.

Present

-Are you done? Minho asked pissed off.

-Not sure, bro. I could apply million of products, but your grumpy face would still ruin everything, Hyunjin showed him a disgusted face.