I respect his wish

800 years ago...

TW: blood, weapons, death

The day of the war...

Jisung on his black horse, holding in his right hand the flag of his land.

His body was covered in heavy armour while beside him were Changbin and Minho.

He couldn't even look in the latter's way. He couldn't. But he felt his hand on his tigh.

Jisung closed his eyes for a moment, then took a deep breath.

-Ready? Hyunjin asked, holding on his sword like there was no tomorrow.

-Yes, Minho smiled at him. Hyunjin?

The latter turned his head towards the older.

-If we die on the battlefield, I wish we can be friends in the next life too.

On Hyunjin's face crept a huge smile.

-It's an honour to hear this from the second best swordsman.

-Third one, Minho corrected him. Our brave king is the first.

Three days of gore and steel crushing kept Jisung awake.

He fought in the first line and killed as much as he could, but as king, he had to go back to the palace and take care of the civilians.

He offered the palace as home for the people who lost their houses because of the massacre and even helf ceremonies for the dead.

He tried to keep down the panick and even protect his people from an ambush.

-They sent another army this morning. This doesn't look good for us, Seungmin said as he was wrapping bandages around Jisung's arm.

-The war is not always just about numbers. Is about strategy. If Minho is smart enough, he will lude the army in a muddy place. They won't be able to fight. And we have one advantage. This war takes place on our land. The land we grew up on. We know it like the back of our hand. They don't. They will be lost.

-Have you heard from them yet?

-They sent a letter this morning. Tommorow they are going to attack in North. They are alive, Seungmin. Hyunjin will be back.

Seungmin nodded and forced a smile.

-I hate being here. Unable to help.

-You are helping, Seungmin. All these people are listening to you. They feel safe because of you.

-Minho! Get some sleep. Tomorrow is another day, Changbin placed his hand on Minho's shoulder.

-I can't sleep. Any signs from Felix?

-He is in South. He already killed an army. They didn't even know what hit them.

Minho bursted into a chuckle. Changbin in love was something new for him.

-I am worried about him, Changbin completed.

-Me too, Minho spoke. I miss Jisung.