3 candles on a grave

800 years ago...

-Mother, I have returned! Minho shouted opening the door for the prince.

Jisung stepped carefully in the room when he met with a woman that resembled Minho perfectly. The woman panicked and bowed several times.

-It's alright. There is no need for that.

-Did my son do something unfortunate, Your Highness? she asked with a shaky voice.

-Of course not. The 1st Commander did nothing wrong. I came on my will to thank you for giving life to such a wonderful man, he said holding her hands.

The woman smiled looking at Minho proudly.

-The prince wants to stay with us for a week. Is this alright? Minho asked his mother.

She nodded, then showed Jisung the house and the room where he would stay.

Jisung looked around through the house while Minho was following him with his head bent down of shame.

-It is beautiful what your parents constructed here, Jisung said.

-It doesn't compare to your palace, Your Highness, Minho smiled sadly.

-But my palace wasn't built by my father. And this place is wealthy in sacrality since this is the place where you spent your life.

-Minho, show his Highness the stables! his mother yelled from the kitchen.

Jisung looked at Minho in excitement.

Minho showed him all the horses they owned. Jisung patted evey single one of them, constantly smiling.

-They are beautiful, he chuckled. Can I ride?

-Of course!

Jisung hopped on the white horse and Minho on the black one.

They did a little race to the village just for fun.

When they reached the entry of the village, Minho suggested they should go back, but Jisung didn't listen.

Minho was worried for the people's reaction when they would see the prince.

The village was poor and they might have blamed Jisung for their situation.

However, Jisung jumped off of the horse and started waving the people gathering around them.

Minho passed by the crowd to reach him again and saw how he was playing with the children of the village.

He knew every name of every man in the land. He knew their problems and continued to apologise that he cannot do more for them.

But that wasn't everything.

Jisung gave his last money on a bouquet of roses and went to the cemetery to leave a flower on every grave.

He then stopped in front of a big stone and lighted 3 candles. He kneeled down and starting saying a pray.

Minho approached him and saw the Queen's name ingraved on it.

When Jisung raised back on his feet, Minho couldn't help but ask him something that was bothering him.

-Prince Jisung?

The latter smiled widely at the calling.

-I like it when you call me like that.

-Can I ask you something?

-Sure! What it is?

-Why are there 3 candles?